Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Someone remind me when the opening date is for the new Lower Cherry St and Commissioner is to take place??? Don't see it happening, especially for Commissioner.

First week of October is the announced date.

First week of October is the announced date.
Will the sidewalks be in place on the westside of the road as nothing there at all, even for the bike lane? Bit and pieces for the LRT side. Still curb work for the road. Driving by say a lot of work still needs to be done at the Lake Shore Connection.

Commissioner doesn't look it will meet that date.

Will the sidewalks be in place on the westside of the road as nothing there at all, even for the bike lane? Bit and pieces for the LRT side. Still curb work for the road. Driving by say a lot of work still needs to be done at the Lake Shore Connection.

Commissioner doesn't look it will meet that date.
I guess we will see (and I also have doubts) but the underground work is (apparently) mostly done and grading and paving and pouring sidewalks really can happen very fast.

Someone remind me when the opening date is for the new Lower Cherry St and Commissioner is to take place??? Don't see it happening, especially for Commissioner.

The new Lake Shore bridge is ready to have the concrete pour this week as the equipment is setup for it. It is a curve bridge with a nice wide sidewalk on the south side that will have a high barrier protection from the trafficView attachment 498248View attachment 498256View attachment 498249

So this is gonna be new lake shore street? What's gonna happen to the street to the right of this pic?

So this is gonna be new lake shore street? What's gonna happen to the street to the right of this pic?
This is the New Eastbound Lane Bridge that replace the old one. Once this is in service, the current traffic will be shift to it to allow the building of the westbound bridge.

There is currently no eastbound road east of this bridge as it being rebuilt slowly.

Have they determine all the terraforming? Translation- are any of these rolling hills permanent?
IMG_1965.jpeg
IMG_1964.jpeg
IMG_1966.jpeg

The hills are alive with the sound of .......earthmoving. They are busily spreading soil (and bring in more from the Villiers piles) around the area west of New Cherry so I assume the hills will, at least, be somewhat manicured.

Side tangent: I've never really liked 'The Sound of Music" or its title song............and now I've got that damn ear worm stuck in my head w/the lyrics altered to 'earth moving'.......... gee thanks! LOL

Last edited:
Side tangent: I've never really liked 'The Sound of Music" or its title song............and now I've got that damn ear worm stuck in my head by w/the lyrics altered to 'earth moving'.......... gee thanks! LOL
Yes, I avoided seeing it for many years and only did so (n bits and pieces) in the late 1990s when my sister was staying at the Von Trapp Family Lodge in Vermont and it was on a continuous loop in their lobby and other public places!

Yes, I avoided seeing it for many years and only did so (n bits and pieces) in the late 1990s when my sister was staying at the Von Trapp Family Lodge in Vermont and it was on a continuous loop in their lobby and other public places!

Perhaps they should have closed Guantanamo earlier and sent the enemy combatants there instead.

AoD

Back