Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

We used to love renting cottages around there, but have mostly been priced out these days. We had one on Lake Huron last week that was really well situated, but still pretty $$$.

So I saw the ongoing work on the south side of Lemon and notice that it is a formal park to the plan by MVVA. Also there is a pedestrian bridge planned at the bottom of the stairs being built from Cherry to Canoe Cove. Finally there is probably work going on under the bridges to connect the waters edge paths but no pix due to access. But someone with a drone or a good camera from a boat could get them! 🤔😀
IMG_5716.jpeg

IMG_5695.jpeg

Last edited:
Great video! I note from the plans that the south side of Commissioners will be quite wide and elaborate.

Great video! I note from the plans that the south side of Commissioners will be quite wide and elaborate.
Yes, you can see that "on-site' already. The eastbound bike path (separated from road by a thinish strip of plantings) adjacent to the road and the sidewalk is a fair way further into the park - closer to the old Fire Hall and the 'art'. Looks like a sizable green strip between bike path and sidewalk.

Yes, you can see that "on-site' already. The eastbound bike path (separated from road by a thinish strip of plantings) adjacent to the road and the sidewalk is a fair way further into the park - closer to the old Fire Hall and the 'art'. Looks like a sizable green strip between bike path and sidewalk.
Yes and there will be an allée similar to Wellington Street west of Spadina just to the south of what has been built so parents can watch their kids play on the Owl! 🦉

A few morning pics…

The Don Valley Badlands…

B244DEEB-414E-400D-BCC1-A6B0ADCB7364.jpeg

Is it my imagination or have the bottom supports been painted white of late? They’re gleaming.

3642C723-B294-4D1C-B44C-A472D17A2073.jpeg

The verdant valley…(the record rains have certainly helped. Pearson smashed their previous July 2008 monthly rainfall (193.2 mm) a couple of days ago when they reached 208 mm).

3150FBB8-7BD0-4BAF-BD34-098146ECD7FA.jpeg

22CC9426-E658-4147-9466-CF33F8502A66.jpeg

F9907B43-6019-4952-B03C-6F50AEFEF047.jpeg

A75FF6AF-EC6E-4612-96A7-AB4404B8A989.jpeg

42F4C0A8-6ECC-41DE-88EC-5D49E97C0F83.jpeg

Heeeyy, remember all those times I said “maybe high density on an island with limited means off isn’t the way to go?” Or when I argued that most folks wouldn’t entertain the notion of walking to the Distillery Streetcar loop?
IMG_9946.jpeg

Nobody is even living there yet- this is a summer event with beautiful walking weather. But hey, whatevs- what are we doing? 30k? 50k new units? Forget asking for a Toronto island bridge, the minute we pack density over there, Villiers is gonna want another bridge.

Heeeyy, remember all those times I said “maybe high density on an island with limited means off isn’t the way to go?” Or when I argued that most folks wouldn’t entertain the notion of walking to the Distillery Streetcar loop?
View attachment 584402

Nobody is even living there yet- this is a summer event with beautiful walking weather. But hey, whatevs- what are we doing? 30k? 50k new units? Forget asking for a Toronto island bridge, the minute we pack density over there, Villiers is gonna want another bridge.

Promise Cherry Beach, an event at Cabana, and something at Rebel were all happening at once. That’s thousands of people arriving all around the same time and from much further out than downtown vs. thousands who will eventually live here and have a more dispersed schedule.

Still won’t be perfect, but it won’t be as bad as what you see in that photo.

Back