Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

This has been posted here before but I think this is a better copy of it - from TPL. This proposal never happened.

1718629091823.png

This 1910 one also failed to take off.

1718629288661.png

Great photo, they have clearly started to expose the 'piles' on west (left) side in preparation for eventual removal and I think they said that if there is a bit of leakage now it does not matter as the river and lake are now at same level so water will not flood in (or out) should a breach occur. I think the north plug is due to be removed next spring - presumably so that the debris area upstream can be finished and catch some or all of the 'crap' before it hits the new river and gets into the Lake. They may also want to finish the dredging of the Keating Channel - which is scheduled to start when the final bits of the old Cherry St bridge are gone.

I think they will need to armour the river edge north of the plug before they can open up in any case.

AoD

Reactions: DSC
This has been posted here before but I think this is a better copy of it - from TPL. This proposal never happened. This 1910 one also failed to take off.

It's not too late!

I'm also still hoping we'll one day get the postponed Spadina Expressway.

I assume that you’re joking! 😆

Yup. But someone needs to do a render of the Spadina Expressway the size of the DVP continuing down from the current terminus at Eglinton instead continuing on through Cedervale Park and then blowing through the Annex and then all the way down Spadina Avenue to join up at the Gardiner with the requisite East/West ramps. It would be wild to see all the current buildings that would need to be demolished for that. The elevated section downtown would be killer.

It's really cool how this is pretty much the only part of downtown Toronto that the shoreline goes right down the water rather than be a wall with a 8 foot drop off. This is really neat to have downtown. Really connects you to the water rather than the water being this thing you're not supposed to touch.

@Northern Light ... do you or others know if there is anything in the development pipeline for 2. Polson Quay or 3. South River?

56275-172297.jpg
Not gonna lie, I'm a little bit sad the Keating Channel Pub will likely bite the dust. I really love their back patio and quiet mini boardwalk along the channel. It's pretty easy to find something for everyone on the menu too (at not terrible prices!). Even if they put new restaurants in whatever condos go in there, it's unlikely they'll have the same relaxed ambiance. 😒 Guess I'll just have to go more often with the limited time left.

...yeah, it's not for tank parks, brown fields and the inhospitable anymore.

@Northern Light ... do you or others know if there is anything in the development pipeline for 2. Polson Quay or 3. South River?

56275-172297.jpg
# 3 would seem to be 190 Cherry where the new Porsche dealer is going- and they have permits.

Application:
Conditional Permit
Not Started
TORONTO ON
Ward 14: Toronto-Danforth
Application#:
24 161572 FND 00 CP
Accepted Date:
---
Project:
Car Dealership
Work:
Partial Permit - Foundation
Description:
Conditional Permit - Part Permit - Proposal to construct a new 3 storey car dealership - Porsche Centre Downtown See also 24 144833 STE SA

# 3 would seem to be 190 Cherry where the new Porsche dealer is going- and they have permits.

Application:
Conditional Permit
Not Started
TORONTO ON
Ward 14: Toronto-Danforth
Application#:
24 161572 FND 00 CP
Accepted Date:
---
Project:
Car Dealership
Work:
Partial Permit - Foundation
Description:
Conditional Permit - Part Permit - Proposal to construct a new 3 storey car dealership - Porsche Centre Downtown See also 24 144833 STE SA
4th location in <20 years? Are we going 5 for 25?

Back