Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Last night in history you will ever see this traffic pattern:

Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 9.46.42 PM.png

Tomorrow it will look like this:

Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 9.59.02 PM.png

Last edited:
A couple more things I noticed today on Commissioners. The TTC bus stop is the hybrid style, with asphalt ramps and Zicla platform. The city seems to have a few different configurations depending on where you look. I wonder what factors into the decision on what style of use.

20240123_161131-01.jpeg

The curbs separating the cycle track are secured to the pavement with rebar posts. This should mean they won't be easily knocked out of alignment, a common complaint elsewhere.

20240123_161042-01.jpeg

20240123_160931-01.jpeg

BTW, if anyone doesn't know what The Lookout is, it's the blue structure (left side of the first photo) at the south end of the yellow Cherry St bridge. It's a shipping container with scaffolding and platforms above it. It will be open from 2 to 5 pm tomorrow, hopefully with staff on site to point out the highlights of the park.

20240123_162433-01.jpeg

20240123_162816-01.jpeg

...and the summer days all along there are beckoning to be looking forward to. <3

A couple more things I noticed today on Commissioners. The TTC bus stop is the hybrid style, with asphalt ramps and Zicla platform. The city seems to have a few different configurations depending on where you look. I wonder what factors into the decision on what style of use.

View attachment 534826

The Zicla is the standard 'temporary' raised cycle track/platform the City is using now for transit stops.

When a road undergoes reconstruction/major resurfacing, permanent ramped stops will be built wherever practical.

But all the temporary platforms are coming from Zicla

UPDATE:

Still on track for 3PM Opening today.

Just talking to my lawyer friend who is involved on this project. They're busy getting all the paperwork finished up so the road is legit in time.

👍
It was supposed to be 9am then keep moving to late today

It wasn't close to been open today that it should have been 25th.

Fence for lake shore went down a 7am with the south at 8. Commissioner were still up when I left at 10 to be somewhere else by 11. Battery die for the phone and just some juice now to post this and will post more later.

Back