Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Concrete curb installation. Photos taken May 4th.

DSCF9826.jpg

DSCF9827 (1).jpg

DSCF9827.jpg

Last edited:
I biked up there yesterday, and though I didn't take any photos, the views when going through the yellow bridge are spectacular. It's going to be a really great bike ride once the new Cherry St opens and the river gets flooded.
I could not believe the sheer number of cyclists riding up / down Cherry St. yesterday. Must've been hundreds by the hour, including so many families. This route will be extremely utilised and enjoyed in the years to come for sure !

New Drone Video of the construction progress here posted to Waterfrontoronto's youtube:

A couple of extracted stills as teasers:

View attachment 475576

View attachment 475577

Really excited to see this final product. As well to see the different stages it will go through. All the seasons and also the different river/lake levels both high and low. Will be such a great green space for the city and nature. I'm also sure it will bring in more of the migratory birds that used to and do pass by the area south towards Point Pelee (Great birding spot if that's your thing. I grew up near there).
Very happy they decided to go with well designed bridges over straight function.

New Drone Video of the construction progress here posted to Waterfrontoronto's youtube:

View attachment 475576

View attachment 475577

Thanks @ Northern Light. What a (magical) transformative place this will be when the water flows and paths are open. The amount of attention to detail (coves, wetlands, habitats, river banks, public access etc.) is mind-boggling... nothing quite like it on the continent. Bravo to the team.

Couldn't resist cheer-leading the video progress with some more self explanatory screenshots:

Wetlands-bothSides.jpg

Cherry-bridges.jpg

Wide shot of Canoe Cove
Canoe-Cove-wide.jpg

Cove.jpg

Wetland-skyline.jpg

View attachment 475576

View attachment 475577
I found it funny that they proudly talked about a beaver moving into the area. I know they're cute but I would think beaver would be a perennial issue for the future groundskeepers of this area.

Back