Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

That would be Canada, America, New York, and Toronto respectively.
I understand it's an internet message board and the texting generation yada yada yada, but for pete's sake doesn't anyone give a shit about spelling and grammar anymore?!

Capitalization should be the least of our worries. One only needs to peruse a site like Facebook to truly view the degradation of the English language before our eyes. God help us all (and I'm not even religious).

And in continuate priggishness, one need not be "religious" to believe in God; he may simply be spiritual. :)

more shots on my way down to king west this morning

sany0390.jpg

sany0396m.jpg

Is it just me or is this thing starting to look like a huge disappointment and already past its prime - design wise? Seems so, i dunno, 2004. At least on the exterior.

Is it just me or is this thing starting to look like a huge disappointment and already past its prime - design wise? Seems so, i dunno, 2004. At least on the exterior.

How you could make that judgment at this stage of construction baffles me.

Um, I think that's the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time. Stop and make sure you are fully awake before approaching the keyboard. That comment might be appropriate during the initial design or perhaps a year or so after construction is done. But halfway through construction? Check and make sure all your circuit breakers are switched on.

Last edited:
Personally I love what I am seeing so far. The podium matching the angle on University. The points in the middle and the angles I like. I love the glass that I can see so far The balconies are functional so I don't know what they do. If they are not there, we complain. If they are, there are too many?

I guess the design could be more avant garde. The trouble is there are only so many designs one can do. And alot of avant guard stuff doesn't stand the test of time. I guess the question would be: is 2004 Vancouver design "bad?"

Personally, I think we need to see more but I believe when complete this will be one of the nicer towers in the city. Again, just my opinionl.

Personally I love what I am seeing so far. The podium matching the angle on University. The points in the middle and the angles I like. I love the glass that I can see so far The balconies are functional so I don't know what they do. If they are not there, we complain. If they are, there are too many?

I guess the design could be more avant garde. The trouble is there are only so many designs one can do. And alot of avant guard stuff doesn't stand the test of time. I guess the question would be: is 2004 Vancouver design "bad?"

Personally, I think we need to see more but I believe when complete this will be one of the nicer towers in the city. Again, just my opinionl.

Agreed . This will be a great tower, it would also kick anything in Vancouvers, height restricted butt.

Whatever. In the year 2104 they may be lauding this building as exemplary of 2000s design. To criticize a building for being 'dated' by only four years seems a little silly.

Wow, this thing is moving fast, seems like only yesterday that we were looking at a 7 storey hole.

Back