Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

haven't seen Shangri-La in a few weeks - but driving down University Ave tonight, this one is turning into a BEAST.....really looking massive in the dark....:D

And here you go

sany0001ly.jpg

The east has more angles and is more varied. The West is more of a plain V shape.

I think not...

Look very closely at Cal's picture above. The floor plates on the SW corner, just to the left of the round interior columns, are kinked just as they are on the NE corner. The easement in the line of the floor plate moves northward as the tower climbs, allowing for the angled facade still to come.

Edit: Never mind what I just said... I wasn't looking carefully and thought that was the SW corner... Ooooppps my bad.

Last edited:
^ which means they are probably at level 15 with Asian floor numbering and no 13th.

Actually not sure but I believe they are not skipping floors with the number 4 in it despite its connotations of death.

Anyhow, maybe I misunderstood when I heard floor 15.

I think not...

Look very closely at Cal's picture above. The floor plates on the SW corner, just to the left of the round interior columns, are kinked just as they are on the NE corner. The easement in the line of the floor plate moves northward as the tower climbs, allowing for the angled facade still to come.

Edit: Never mind what I just said... I wasn't looking carefully and thought that was the SW corner... Ooooppps my bad.

I was basing my conclusions from memory that the 05 condo units on the NW did not vary in size whereas the 06 NE units get larger on the East side as one goes up in floor (not huge amount) but that accounts for the added angling to the facade on the East side. I acknowledge however that I may not be correct with the above assumption.

thanks for the great pics. Gives a good feel for the project. I must say I am especially liking the appearance on the West side the the angling will be more interesting on the East when it gets completed. Almost double the height of Boutique 2 makes one appreciate just how big this baby is going to be once complete.

Back