Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

University Ave is quite a nice avenue.

Sure it is not full of buzz but it looks really nice.

Line it with tall buildings and by keeping the nice older buildings, it will end up being a great avenue.

If a few of the fountains / scupltures along the stretch were better maintained it's actually quite amazing.

The trees in the spring are beautiful.

I think University will slowly evolve over time, but, at it will always remain an office strip devoid of any retail ...

A couple projects will hopefully help fill it out, like MARS ... whenever that actually happens. It could also see a few more hospitals expansions / some condos.

Last edited:
If a few of the fountains / scupltures along the stretch were better maintained it's actually quite amazing.

The trees in the spring are beautiful.

I think University will slowly evolve over time, but, at it will always remain an office strip devoid of any retail ...

A couple projects will hopefully help fill it out, like MARS ... whenever that actually happens. It could also see a few more hospitals expansions / some condos.

Yours truly started a University Ave. thread last summer which lead to terrific discussion, interesting suggestions to improving the Avenue and history of the area.

Does anybody know the current sales of the building--how much is sold out?

Also For the moderators as an idea -- in the title of each thread to say the % Sold of the building or saying "Pre-construction" or whatever to keep updated.

Interesting article in today's National Post on the status of all the luxury projects in the city....shows 75% sold....

Shangri-La Toronto
180 University Avenue
66 floors
360 residential units
Prices range from about $900,000 to more than $13-million
About 75% sold
Estimated completion in mid-2012

article is here...

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/toronto/archive/2009/09/29/surprise-luxury-condo-projects-have-survived-and-thrived.aspx

the picture in the article is of Shangri-La...

SHANGRILA.jpg

Does anybody know the current sales of the building--how much is sold out?

Also For the moderators as an idea -- in the title of each thread to say the % Sold of the building or saying "Pre-construction" or whatever to keep updated.

Unless you are a RE agent, investor, or purchaser, I don't think the % Sold is relevant to the general UT public ... as for construction status, read through the threads and you'll for sure see each site's construction progress :)

This building doesn't look as fresh, interesting or exciting to my eyes now as it once did. We've seen fins now, and lots of blue glassy neo-modernist boxes. I'm sure it will be lovely but it just looks and feels rather 'so what' to me. It will definitely make a nice addition to its site though.

IT WILL BE A MAJOR ADDITION TO THE SKYLINE!!!! :)

This building is gonna look awesome from the North AND University Avenue (it's gonna appear like the Trump Chicago with the Chicago river from University Avenue as it towers over it)...

This building doesn't look as fresh, interesting or exciting to my eyes now as it once did. We've seen fins now, and lots of blue glassy neo-modernist boxes. I'm sure it will be lovely but it just looks and feels rather 'so what' to me. It will definitely make a nice addition to its site though.

That image isn't such a good angle maybe to show off the building's shape. The building is quite interesting in that it looks slightly like a crystal because it stretches out and in, in and out etc on the sides.

slrender.jpg

huh... I didnt realize before that the two faces were finished in completely different ways, rather than being symmetrical. thats a plus in my mind.

The Tree on the top right side of the rendering looks a bit out-of-place... looks like it is about to jump off.

Trees jump less frequently than humans, so I'm not worried. Do you get nervous when you see people on balconies?

Back