Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

Beijing-based MAD (Ma Yansong, Yosuke Hayano and Dang Qun), were finally selected for their design of Absolute World 1 and World 2. We must give credit where credit is due, and indeed, MAD’s unique design of Absolute condos is remarkable. Marilyn Monroe condos is like a feast to one’s eyes, one may not see such a unique design for long time to come.

I know you agree that James Cheng also deserves a little credit as well. Bad usually means good according to your comments

Ignore him. Considering you can't actually walk around the base of the building, because IT'S UNDER CONSTRUCTION. Of course it's a mess. So ridiculous. The guy tries to sound all urban and know-it-all, but then makes comments like this, to let us know he's an amateur and actually knows very little. Let it be known, that this reply by me is not implying I'm a know-it-all, as I am not, and am very much an amateur, but I know better than to say something is a mess that is not even half way complete.

Maybe one of the realtors on the site can post it for you. I have never seen a published price list and never seen them give it actually out.

From the star this weekend.

19. LIVING SHANGRI-LA TORONTO: University Ave. and Adelaide St. W. Builder: Westbank Corp. and The Peterson Group. A 66-storey, 370-unit glass curtain wall building. The first 17 floors will be 200 hotel suites and the remaining upper floors will be condo units. Prices (parking included): from $1,017,500 for 859 sq. ft. to $18.888 million for a penthouse with 6,700 sq. ft., plus a 2,900 sq. ft. terrace Fees: floors 18 to 49, 54 cents per sq. ft., plus hydro; floors 50-66, 75 cents per sq. ft., plus hydro (includes limo and valet service). Amenities: two car private garage with private estates, multi-media room, corporate function rooms, banquet room, spa, indoor pool, hot tub, doorman, concierge, fitness centre, yoga studio, steam rooms, business centre, access to hotel services. Sales: about 75 per cent sold. Status: under construction. Occupancy: summer 2012. Sales centre: 200 University Ave., 3rd floor, 416-599-0333, www.livingshangri-latoronto.com

I know as well that the residences (the most expensive suites) start on the 50th floor at about $2.9 million for about 2000 sq.ft. The rest from 19-50 seem to be starting around $1000/foot for larger units on smaller floors but go up about $5/sq.ft./floor or so.

http://www.torontolife.com/daily/da...mofuku-restaurants-coming-to-toronto-in-2012/

So will Chang actually be in the SL? Or is the SL having a different restaurant I'm confused.

I suspect he will be there for the opening and to get it running. Thereafter he likely will set menues with sous chefs here. That is my guess. SL promo material says they will "host" superstar chef David Chang. I do not believe he will leave New York.

There will be a Momofuku restaurant and noodle bar on the 3rd and 1st floor of the building which is part of the Hotel/Condo complex just North (in the same building that houses the pools on the 5th Floors).

sorry not a definitive answer but hopefully of some help.

It looks to me like they are at the 25th, maybe the 26th level counting up using the photos above.

Actually I counted 27 floors using the numbers on the construction hoist, then I took 1 floor away.

Although I cannot be 100%. - the top numbered floor on the construction hoist is 18, then the 19th floor of the construction hoist is boarded up.

My bad:

Construction hoist is numbered to floor #20 - boarded up floor is #21

So the Tower must be closer to the 27th to 28th floor

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
More Shangrila -

sany0907.jpg

Good to hear that they're opening a Momofuku. Toronto is sort of Ramen-deprived, and the Momofuku noodle bar in Manhattan is delicious.

Seeing it from this view....I wish Shangri-La was block north. It would extend our skyline more to the north. Seems it will be lining up with Bay/Adelide tower and totally blocking it.

Seeing it from this view....I wish Shangri-La was block north. It would extend our skyline more to the north. Seems it will be lining up with Bay/Adelide tower and totally blocking it.

canada tower should do a nice job extending it northward with balance, though i'll miss the Bay Adelaide view as shangri-la will block it out.

It will also depend on the angle which you view the skyline from. A little south or North of the straight on view, and both towers will be visible as will the density that has been added by not only by Shangrila but the other towers as well.

Back