Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

Taken from Beverley St. a few days ago. Reminded me of puzzle pieces being moved around

5467777830_0d85a62dbd_b.jpg

Was driving down the Gardiner yesterday, and I have to say that the pink signs are starting to become very noticable from that vantage point, especially from the spot directly beside the Steamwhistle Brewery. It won't be much longer until it starts peeking through in skyline shots from the waterfront.

Was driving down the Gardiner yesterday, and I have to say that the pink signs are starting to become very noticable from that vantage point, especially from the spot directly beside the Steamwhistle Brewery. It won't be much longer until it starts peeking through in skyline shots from the waterfront.

I'm just beginning to get the very top of the building from my POV

lol! ^^^ something about those photos made me think for a second the Hilton was behind shangri-la... weird.
dt, you're view is gonna be sick when shangri-la, aura, and trump are built! :D

dt, you're view is gonna be sick when shangri-la, aura, and trump are built! :D

Indeed! Plenty of photo opportunities for UT :)

That view should be very interesting for the next few months, but I think Aura will completely block Shangri-La from there

If I worked out Google maps properly Aura should rise just to the left (and possibly some of it behind) Encore at the Met, Shangri-La should still be safely visible from my POV.

No. Check out the renderings.

Maybe you can clear up the whole design for this atrium. I have a lot of questions. Most of them could probably be answered with "The rendering is only a concept and not reality" but maybe you have some insight....

The render shows all glass without the white frame that we see in these pics. Is the frame only a temporary structure on which to install the glass or was the drawing just done with a lot of artistic license? (An all glass structure without a visible support structure doesn't sound feasible to me)

The white frame has an offset beam (second horizontal beam from bottom of picture) that is not parrallel with the others and looks haphazard and awkward. Any idea why this is?

The size and orientation of the pool in the render seems to be in line with what I suggested was the cutout for the pool in my above post. Are you sure that's not the pool?

The "pool" level floor does not extend out to the southern and eastern edges of the atrium. Are they just not done or is this a deviation from drawings?

shangri-la_building_model005.jpg

From that image, it looks to me like there are two "pools", a smaller one in front that appears to match the plywood cutout, and a much larger one behind it that appears to be big enough to swim laps in.

Back