Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

Looking at the last two pictures, it seems that the latest formed balcony doesn't stick out as far as the rest. Perhaps a signal that the residential floors have begun.

Looking at the last two pictures, it seems that the latest formed balcony doesn't stick out as far as the rest. Perhaps a signal that the residential floors have begun.

Actually they will just be starting the balconies.

000039.jpg

Actually they will just be starting the balconies.

000039.jpg

Kristopher is right. The first 9 floors will be enclosed as shown in the picture. I am not sure if the first balcony is still a hotel floor. Maybe they are putting on floor 17 (story 16) a deck for the top floor of the hotel?

If I'm not mistaken residences begin on the 21st floor.

If I'm not mistaken residences begin on the 21st floor.

Actually: the hotel goes to floor 17. Floors 18 and 19 have residential condos but are somewhat different in floor plan to the rest of the floors. There are some mechanicals on the 18th floor using up space and the 19th floor also has some irregularities.
The Residences standard palate goes from Floors 20-50 with the Estates starting above that.
So in fact the residences begin on floor 18.

For some reason, this floor which I believe is the last of the hotel floors is taking a bit longer. I am wondering if 18 and 19 will also take more time because of the thicker floor and that mechanicals or at least some I believe are on floor 18. The layout of 19 is slightly different but the floorplate essentially the same as the rest of the floors. 20-50 are identical essentially so presumably we would see that go very quickly again as seemed to happen once they got beyond 5 to 16.

Thanks for the update pic's Cal. Updated photos at 3:40 a.m.? Edited 4:10 a.m. I guess you don't sleep at night or alternatively you were out partying until the wee hours of the morning? Anyhow, thank you again for the photos. Keep them coming.

Thanks for the update pic's Cal. Updated photos at 3:40 a.m.? Edited 4:10 a.m. I guess you don't sleep at night or alternatively you were out partying until the wee hours of the morning? Anyhow, thank you again for the photos. Keep them coming.

haha! true! (i'm sure the UT clocks are right). Caltrane works hard, parties hard! :D!

Shangri-la's a steady mover. the progress has been great. the zig-zag balconies combined with cladding should be killer to watch.

haha! true! (i'm sure the UT clocks are right). Caltrane works hard, parties hard! :D!

Shangri-la's a steady mover. the progress has been great. the zig-zag balconies combined with cladding should be killer to watch.

Not sure I follow you with the zig-zag balconies Steveve.

They go linearly up from floor to floor. The building cladding has a bit of changing angles on the way up.

Are you thinking of another project or am I confused? Wouldn't be the first time.

I see more cladding hooks in the photos I just posted. Guess we'll get another string of glass installed next week. Should give us a bit better idea of the overall look of the project when they get it up.

True. The pace of the cladding seems awfully slow compared to everything else but I suspect they know what they're doing.

Once we see 2 or 3 rows, will have a better idea like you said. So far though, it looks great. The next real question is if they put some glass up on the East side since they have the hooks and what colour that glass will be since on the East they won't be putting tinted glass aparently as not as much Sun issues.

Not sure I follow you with the zig-zag balconies Steveve.

They go linearly up from floor to floor. The building cladding has a bit of changing angles on the way up.

Are you thinking of another project or am I confused? Wouldn't be the first time.

zig zag was a poor choice of words on my part. I meant sorta angled/sharp/diagonal. (the way they stick out)

and the reason the cladding is probably slow its cause it's in early phases. remember how long it took the trump cladding to follow after the first piece?. pace should pic up in time :)

Back