Toronto Library District Condominiums + Toronto's 99th Library | ?m | 29s | Context Development | KPMB

Library District

I like the architecture. To me, it appears to be a handsome fabric building with some fun colour (something that in my opinion is lacking in Toronto architecture). Kpmb always does a good job and I really like the low rise and high rise buildings they did for Concord on Spadina. With regards to Context, I have lived in a cpl of their buildings and have always been happy with the quality both inside and out. I hear they build their own buildings now (IE no GC) and the quality at Spire (where I owned and lived) was very good and is supposedly one of the most in demand buildings in downtown TO.

Just wondering about the mix of market units and "non-market". I didn't see ant info on the website. Will both buildings share amenities?

Ants are social insects of the family Formicidae (pronounced /fɔrˈmɪsɨdiː/) and, along with the related wasps and bees, belong to the order Hymenoptera. Ants evolved from wasp-like ancestors in the mid-Cretaceous period between 110 and 130 million years ago and diversified after the rise of flowering plants.[3] More than 12,500 out of an estimated total of 22,000 species have been classified.[4][5][6] They are easily identified by their elbowed antennae and a distinctive node-like structure that forms a slender waist.

My bad....

I am wondering how all the buildings will relate to each other and if there is a plan for the area to create a mixed neighbourhood. I don't know much about the area. I initially bought at LTD but rescinded. I am more of an east sider but am looking for new areas of toronto to buy a unit it... I like the idea of living close to the lake.... There are so many neat neighbourhoods in the city I can't decided where to buy!

Context has done some very nice projects in the city. Brad Lamb was working with Context on many of their projects before Brad went off on his own and started developing the King West neighborhood.
Quality and customer service for Context has been very good in my experience when I bought a unit at Ideal Lofts (College & Markham).
Some of their projects include: 20 Niagra, Spire, Radio City, Mozo, The Loretto, District Lofts, Kensington Lofts, Tip Top Lofts, Market Wharf. All of them very nicely designed (they use architectsAlliance often) and a positive addition to the neighborhood.

uhs_05436_09_lg.jpg

uhs_05436_08_lg.jpg

uhs_05436_13_lg.jpg

From

Construction to start soon?

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentApplications/navigatePlanningApp.do?method=first&reportType=2

170 FORT YORK BLVD
Site Plan Approval 11 127062 STE 20 SA Ward 20
- Tor & E.York Feb 15, 2011 --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Site plan approval application for block 36 south. Construction of new 29 storey condo - 2 levels below grade parking - 190 parking spaces (168 resident and 22 visitor) - 364 bicycle parking spaces - 364 residential units - retail at grade (277m2) - Library - 1450m2 - 3 storey - non residential GFA

Back