Toronto Liberty Place | ?m | 32s | CanAlfa | IBI Group

Like the lobby...

Toronto-High-Rise-Condos-Liberty-Place-Downtown-King-West-Lynn-Williams-St-CanAlfa-3.jpg
DSC_0047.jpg

Attachments

• Toronto-High-Rise-Condos-Liberty-Place-Downtown-King-West-Lynn-Williams-St-CanAlfa-3.jpg
    Toronto-High-Rise-Condos-Liberty-Place-Downtown-King-West-Lynn-Williams-St-CanAlfa-3.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 2,066
  • DSC_0047.jpg
    DSC_0047.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 2,077
Well, that's too bad for Liberty Village. I was sure that was going to be a popular restaurant/bar patio. See, I think that is just bad planning. It may be good for the residents of this building but it misses the opportunity to create an animated space at a critical, central junction, where there is already restaurants and retail on both sides of this building. It's the natural focal point for restaurants and bars. Right now, it's still a bit dead. The parking lots on the south side help to kill connectivity and the ability of the area to become a central gathering area or destination. That space definitely should have been retail.

What's the point of putting that useless patch of grass on the corner? Why not just use it all as a proper but small, public square, with nice paving stones and some decorative planters. Make it a meeting place, for the district.

Um, the park just on the east side of this building. Liberty Village needs to start developing some signature public spaces with some style. The blandness is just overwhelming on the condo-developed east side. That strip mall needs to go, as soon as possible. Seriously, tear down the whole thing, including the Metro, and start from scratch.

Um, the park just on the east side of this building. Liberty Village needs to start developing some signature public spaces with some style. The blandness is just overwhelming on the condo-developed east side. That strip mall needs to go, as soon as possible. Seriously, tear down the whole thing, including the Metro, and start from scratch.

design? It's liberty village. Design was never part of the plan.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20150509_135809.jpg
    IMG_20150509_135809.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 749
  • IMG_20150509_140000.jpg
    IMG_20150509_140000.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 675
  • IMG_20150509_140011.jpg
    IMG_20150509_140011.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 671
  • IMG_20150509_140134.jpg
    IMG_20150509_140134.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 696
What's the point of putting that useless patch of grass on the corner? Why not just use it all as a proper but small, public square, with nice paving stones and some decorative planters. Make it a meeting place, for the district.

Actually I was in Liberty Village recently and this little patch of grass is not as bad as I thought it would be. It's more of a combination of a park and a public square. There are places to sit and there is also some art, so I could see it used as a meeting place or just somewhere to sit for a bit. That being said, it should have and could have been a lot better but in Liberty Village you have to be thankful for anything that's not terrible.
Also a restaurant is coming to this building. I saw a sign in the window.

Back