Vaughan Leviathan at Canada's Wonderland | 93.26m | ?s | Cedar Fair

I drove by this on the weekend and having seen it in person, the pictures don't do it justice. It's freakin huge.

Since the drop looks like its facing south, if you ride in the front seats you can probably get an awesome view of Toronto from the top. God I haven't been there in ages, they keep on building higher and higher.

Edit: or not, looks like it actually faces north-east :(

Last edited:
Personally I wouldn't have it in this particular forum, but in the General forum, as it's not a building, but that's just me.

I can't wait to see how they're going to cap the lift hill off and see how high it is.

Actually, according to the Ontario Building Code, it is a building. It falls under an assembly occupancy. Can't recall which number.

Saw this thing from overhead when my plane from Timmins was flying over CW.. It looks fantastic!! Made Behemoth look like a baby hill which was awesome. I was trying to figure out where there was room for the rest of the ride to go though, does it curve around to the front of the park?

Update from the Leviathan blog on Canadaswonderland.ca

PB180051b.JPG

PB210066.jpg

PB210068.jpg

SAM_0573.jpg

SAM_0577.jpg

So how tall is 306 feet? 92.27 metres, or about the height of the spire of St. James Cathedral at 92.9 metres. How fast is 92 miles per hour? 148 kilometres per hour. (Some people haven't read through the whole thread.)

I'm scared just looking at the pictures of that drop! I only recently tried Behemoth, and I thought that was pretty damn intense. This one might just give me a heart attack!

Saw this thing from overhead when my plane from Timmins was flying over CW.. It looks fantastic!! Made Behemoth look like a baby hill which was awesome. I was trying to figure out where there was room for the rest of the ride to go though, does it curve around to the front of the park?

Yes, it goes right to the front gate. Video:

[video=youtube;WNSwZeQOujk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WNSwZeQOujk[/video]

Driving around the site from Hwy 400 to Major Mac to Jane really gives one an idea of the size and height---It absolutely dwarfs everything around it.

Back