Vaughan Leviathan at Canada's Wonderland | 93.26m | ?s | Cedar Fair

ah, the akwardness of living in canada.. you have to know both metric and imperial. i personally think it should be in metric, as all our other threads are in metric.

There are some decent photos floating around the internet:

DSCN7157.jpg

374624_10150358238593924_95469803923_8438491_941140603_n.jpg

I think leave the height in feet, but change the speed to km/h, because I don't know mph, but I do know feet because in Canada we measure ourselves in feet and inches and pounds.

Are you questioning the right of this thread to exist?

Shame on you! It's 306 feet tall. Maybe the next one will be a supertall!

Personally I wouldn't have it in this particular forum, but in the General forum, as it's not a building, but that's just me.

I can't wait to see how they're going to cap the lift hill off and see how high it is.

Are you questioning the right of this thread to exist?

Shame on you! It's 306 feet tall. Maybe the next one will be a supertall!

He is probably referring to the pointless bickering about metric measurements that were derailing the thread. It happens in a lot of threads that people start arguing over some tiny detail that isn't really relevant to the discussion of the project being built.

Anyways, when you look at where this ride is placed and how is goes over other rollercoasters and go karts and everything - it really illustrates how little space they have to develop new attractions at Wonderland.
Does anybody know how much actual empty space Wonderland has left that they can develop on? (if any)

I'm worried that the only way in the future is to demolish older attractions to build new ones...

He is probably referring to the pointless bickering about metric measurements that were derailing the thread. It happens in a lot of threads that people start arguing over some tiny detail that isn't really relevant to the discussion of the project being built.

Anyways, when you look at where this ride is placed and how is goes over other rollercoasters and go karts and everything - it really illustrates how little space they have to develop new attractions at Wonderland.
Does anybody know how much actual empty space Wonderland has left that they can develop on? (if any)

I'm worried that the only way in the future is to demolish older attractions to build new ones...
They've already started doing that. Jet Scream was taken out to make way for Windseeker. Shame, I liked Jet Scream. For something like a roller coaster though, there's lots of room. It just has to be creatively placed. Parts of Leviathan are going to go through the parking lot and over the main gates.

I think leave the height in feet, but change the speed to km/h, because I don't know mph, but I do know feet because in Canada we measure ourselves in feet and inches and pounds.

...and by "we," you mean yourself, right? I measure my height in centimetres. Every other thread on this board is written in meters, why UT has chosen feet for this one specific thread is beyond me. It seems that the mods don't even care about appeasing the majority, preferring instead to do what they think is right. Speed in miles per hour? Really? I'd be willing to bet that the majority had to convert that to km/h to understand it. It has been brought up on more than once occasion, and the mods have not done anything about it.

Now, to the topic at hand, I'm glad to see that the change of ownership has actually benefitted Canada's Wonderland. I'll admit that I was skeptical.

P.S. Does anyone know the height they've reached in Chuck's latest picture?

Last edited:
...and by "we," you mean yourself, right? I measure my height in centimetres. Every other thread on this board is written in meters, why UT has chosen feet for this one specific thread is beyond me. It seems that the mods don't even care about appeasing the majority, preferring instead to do what they think is right. Speed in miles per hour? Really? I'd be willing to bet that the majority had to convert that to km/h to understand it. It has been brought up on more than once occasion, and the mods have not done anything about it.

Now, to the topic at hand, I'm glad to see that the change of ownership has actually benefitted Canada's Wonderland. I'll admit that I was skeptical.

P.S. Does anyone know the height they've reached in Chuck's latest picture?

By "we" I mean Canadians, Canadians measure themselves in feet and pounds. Maybe immigrants don't (my mom didn't know feet and pounds before coming to Canada). By the same token, Canadians don't know Fahrenheit (unless they have a pool) or mph (unless they drive in the States).

I don't think I've ever heard a native-born Canadian measure themselves in centimetres and kilograms.

But hey, I'm from Mississauga, so maybe Torontonians are different. Correct me if I'm wrong. Perhaps I am overgeneralizing from my own personal experience.

By "we" I mean Canadians, Canadians measure themselves in feet and pounds. Maybe immigrants don't (my mom didn't know feet and pounds before coming to Canada). By the same token, Canadians don't know Fahrenheit (unless they have a pool) or mph (unless they drive in the States).

I don't think I've ever heard a native-born Canadian measure themselves in centimetres and kilograms.

But hey, I'm from Mississauga, so maybe Torontonians are different. Correct me if I'm wrong. Perhaps I am overgeneralizing from my own personal experience.

I've only known my height in cm... thanks to it being listed in cm on my license.

I know my weight in lbs & kg and my hieght in both cm & feet. Likewise I also know just how fast I'm going in both kph & mph since every vehicle I've ever driven have both measurements on the speedometer.

Having said that, I can understand the kph argument vs mph. But I don't get why there is such consternation about using feet instead of meters. Yes metric is the 'official' standard in Canada. But last I checked there's no law stating that it must be used to define the high of an object on a public internet forum. Really you should be thankful that there even is a measurement. Most threads don't even have that much. Rather than condemning the thread starter for using that standard I'm glad that he/she was considerate enough to provide that information in the title to be used as a quick reference.

And seriously just how high is 93m? What the f*** is that?
With feet its easy to visualize the height of a structure since 10 feet is the approximate height of one residential floor. Hence 306ft would be a structure approximately 30 floors high.

Ultimately, I still don't get whats so hard about just converting the numbers. Everyone here's got access to a calculator right?
So either quit being so lazy or stop pretending to be a member of the metric police.

Back