Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

wow shes almost done! what a looker so far. cant wait to see the crown/ sharpie like tip come together with the glass. and the part id really like to see happen is the ground section and fountain started to.

Ya, what is up with the bottom of the tower? It's been sitting this way for a very long time now. Cityzen used to bring us updates on the forum, but they don't seem to come around now.

maybemim thinking of a different project iregards to the funtain but i thought there was a water feature in one one the renders of "L". maybe im wrong on that but the rest of the base/ cube thing hasent even been started yet but im guessing they are waiting till the towers done do to anything falling on the workers who would be constructing it? just a thought. anywas great pictures wow. by the time i visit toronto again this baby will be almost fully completed.

Considering the base looks so different from the render, there's no wonder they doubted the fountain.

I think the base will still end up looking like the rendering. You can see a cut out in the "crystal" section currently on site through which the other crystal section will eventually intersect. The existing structure at the base right now will be the part covered in green in the rendering.

L Tower Plaza / Base

Hi all, the attached file shows how the Plaza and the base will look like which is different from the rendering. It does not look like there will be a fountain. The attached base design looks much closer to the actual product.

Attachments

• L Tower - Plaza.jpg
    L Tower - Plaza.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 408
Hi all, the attached file shows how the Plaza and the base will look like which is different from the rendering. It does not look like there will be a fountain. The attached base design looks much closer to the actual product.

If that is indeed the final plan, it is totally underwhelming for such a prominent project/corner. I note in passing that the proposed plan you attached is dated June 2010, whereas the fountain render appears on the Liebeskind site (page copyrighted 2011). That's not proof of anything, of course, but I'm hoping that the proposed plan was sent back for improvements and that they'll stick with the intersecting crystals/fountains.

If that is indeed the final plan, it is totally underwhelming for such a prominent project/corner. I note in passing that the proposed plan you attached is dated June 2010, whereas the fountain render appears on the Liebeskind site (page copyrighted 2011). That's not proof of anything, of course, but I'm hoping that the proposed plan was sent back for improvements and that they'll stick with the intersecting crystals/fountains.

So I will assume that the fountains are still included, unless there is hard evidence that they are not.

never seen that render before, thats horrid what happend . the last render i had seen floating around was very blocky. and again i saw a water feature. the pavement/sidewalk did not look like that iether not that its all bad. the rest dosent fit in. like the original design (not the boot one the change after) did.

OMG, this re-design really, really SUCKS! Why the heck would they do that? They won't even put in the fountains they promised, after cancelling The Boot? There is no way the city should have allowed them to cheap out on that design. First we lost The Boot for a courtyard with fountains, and now they subtract the fountains and give us this stinker. Thanks Castlepoint/Fernbrook/Cityzen. This city's developers really do suck!

Last edited:

Back