Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

From the Studio Daniel Libeskind website: (closeup)

ltowerbase.jpg

^^

That's obviously, the old design. The new design is so unfriendly. What will it be used for anyway? That one with the fountains could have been a nice square for a restaurant/patio. Now what's it going to be?

If that is indeed the final plan, it is totally underwhelming for such a prominent project/corner. I note in passing that the proposed plan you attached is dated June 2010, whereas the fountain render appears on the Liebeskind site (page copyrighted 2011). That's not proof of anything, of course, but I'm hoping that the proposed plan was sent back for improvements and that they'll stick with the intersecting crystals/fountains.

I hope that you are indeed right. However, looking at how it is shaping up today - the angles of the base, the roof top opening, etc... - it awfully resembles the 2010 plan....

If you ask the staff at the Sales center which displays a model based on intersecting crystals, they will tell you that the final product will look very similar but not necessarily the same as what you see on display as they needed to make some room for the Sony Centre restaurant.

Love it though I do, sometimes I can't help but think of what a penny-pinching, narrow-minded, profit-driven, pissy little town this can be. That new plan is an embarrassment.

Hi all, the attached file shows how the Plaza and the base will look like which is different from the rendering. It does not look like there will be a fountain. The attached base design looks much closer to the actual product.

If that's all we're getting, they could quite easily have left those beautiful mulberry bushes alone.

Okay okay, we get it; you think the L Tower looks like a pregnant woman's profile. It's a shame aA didn't get this project, am I right?

Thank you kris for posting your "airshow with L-Tower" pictures. They are stunning and taken from a vantage point I don't think we have seen L-Tower pictures before. I assume it was Humber Bay Park East using a long telephoto lens, right?

Unfortunate im not the owner of that lovely view, the person who took them and who Ive linked to flickr is not myself

Okay okay, we get it; you think the L Tower looks like a pregnant woman's profile. It's a shame aA didn't get this project, am I right?

That cad, Roger Casa, is probably the father of the child. Just look at how he took advantage of Madame X, and then dumped her ...

Back