Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Looks like most, if not all, of the cladding for the upper floors has already been prepositioned.
Photos by Drum118.

DarkSideDenizen, this photo taken by freaktography two days ago confirms your observation

9406225839_623a0d9293_b.jpg

See-through L Tower.

P1340910.jpg

Attachments

• P1340910.jpg
    P1340910.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 809
Raindrops

^ sMT, great night shots again.

Here are some interesting pictures my daughter took from our balcony yesterday ...

... and a little later on our way to C'est what?

For the camera enthusiasts among you: the pictures were taken with a borrowed Leica M9 and a Voigtländer super-wide heliar 15mm f/4.5 aspherical lens.

Last edited:
If they finish off the podium and the exterior reno of the Sony Centre as hoped, this will be a stunner of a project.

How special is special...?

I spot polarizer. Some sharpening. Maybe some clarity. Tilt-shift lens? Is BW an 'effect'?

The streets are very quiet, but that might be from the time of day, looks like early morning. Or it's shopped.

Great picture.

Last edited:
Thanks Ryan for going along. You got one of the four.

Polarizer: no -> just a beautiful sky
Sharpening: no -> full frame camera with high quality lens
Clarity: no -> full frame camera with high quality lens
Tilt-shift lens: no -> but you are on the right track
BW: yes (I call it an effect)
Quiet street photoshopped: no -> 9:30 am

Last edited:
Make it two ...

Vertical transform and crop: yes -> in Photoshop slight rotation, then lens correction filter to change vertical perspective (basically tilting it), finally crop

This is how the original looked like:

9438442647_2a824083ee_z.jpg

That is impressively blue sky for straight off camera. One thing I love about Canada. I know some people from parts of China and SouthEast Asia that were raving about how gorgeous our skies are. It's apparently more grey there.

I was in the Distillery today. I wish all neighbourhoods can be that busy all the time. St. Lawrence was pretty lively too.

Udo, your photos are amazing. The preceding one of the Sony Centre is great, but the B&W shot prior to that one is a classic. Thanks for posting. You, sMT, and Skyjacked have taken this thread to another level (and many others I've failed to mention).

L-tower from the east, taken Aug. 5, 2013:

Closeup on the point...

Back