Attachments

• IMG-20130726-00335.jpg
    IMG-20130726-00335.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 545
  • IMG-20130726-00335.jpg
    IMG-20130726-00335.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 582
Last edited:
At a really quick glance, I thought that first one was a rendering. That type of "mood" lighting is often used in them.

At a really quick glance, I thought that first one was a rendering. That type of "mood" lighting is often used in them.

You are quite right...I captured photo at 6pm using my Blackberry Torch (yes a relic) while waiting with my daughter for the doors to open at JB concert (and no, I didn't attend the concert, but she and her friend had a blast).

That's a fantastic shot

Thanks 42, glad you like it.

Udo, is that a wide angle lens or a stitched shot? If A) what lens? If B) how many photos.

sMT, this single shot was taken with a NIKKOR DX 10.5 mm fisheye lens and postprocessed with DxO Optics Pro Software to straighten the lines.

Here is an example of what it looks like if you don't straighten the lines ...

... and another example with straight lines:

Last edited:
I am very excited to see how they finish that roof piece and the final bit of cladding. So then it officially looks complete! When do they figure it will be all done?

Dream Ballett

From Wikipedia: "Canadian artist Harley Valentine is creating a triptych of sculptures to be installed in the Sony Plaza, called Dream Ballet."

dream_ballet_1.jpg

The Harvey Valentine studio website describes: "Dream Ballet is a triptych of quicksilver columns whose curved, abstracted forms evoke the dynamics of ballet in homage to the National Ballet of Canada’s four-decade tenure at the O’Keefe Centre. Each sculpture expresses its unique personality through line, balance and proportion. The sculptures are featured in a stunning plaza, designed by renowned landscape architects Claude Cormier + Associates, situated between the minimalist stone-clad Sony Centre theatre and the blue steel of the L Tower’s shard. The sculptures will reflect the Taj Mahal-inspired bric-a-brac pattern set in black and white granite Cormier has designed for the Plaza surface, as well as invite the spectator to peer into the past, present, and future."

Last edited:
I would have preferred the original fountains but I'll take the sculptures as a replacement.

Actually, now that I have another look - I think the scultures will look great ! It will really compliment the curve of the tower. I hope that rendering is accurate ... The cladding is capturing my eye aswell.

Thanks for posting udo !

SkyJacked tweet today: "Today is my last full time day on this crane."

Thanks Skyjacked for the view shots and hope you got tons more.

A nice 360 panorama would be nice, so people in the future can see what the city looked like when it was low rise.

When is the crane schedule to come down??

Back