Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Taken this evening:

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

think maybe the top wll be all glass but for window washing parts will pop out when they need to? wish i had a diagram.

Does anyone know what they mean by "An 18 to 27 cubic meter concrete pour for the housekeeping pads" on ltowerconstructioninfo.com. Are the houskeeping pads at the top of the building ? Sorry this may be posted already but are they close to topping off the building.

Looks fantastic !

Does anyone know what they mean by "An 18 to 27 cubic meter concrete pour for the housekeeping pads" on ltowerconstructioninfo.com. Are the houskeeping pads at the top of the building ? Sorry this may be posted already but are they close to topping off the building.

Looks fantastic !

Housekeeping pads refer to the concrete pads that large mechanical & electrical equipment sit on. They could be anywhere from 4" to 8" high off the ground. Since the mech room in this tower is at the top, they are referring to the pads in the room, at the top of the tower.

Three more mast sections are being added to the crane today. Are these going to be the last ones?

8036236756_9aa8e8a56c_b.jpg

8036235386_7871d9dc1a_b.jpg

btw.: the airplane banner in the first picture says "Marry Me - Laurentian University"

The way this is turning out, it just makes it seem more and more sad that we lost the original "boot" design. That would have really knocked this out of the park from street level.

L-Tower better than I imagined

Great shots!

What's with the sporadic glass installation?

Balconies are not on the same spot on each floor. Some of the areas are for balconies. Not sure about the larger sections though.

I agree that those are amazing pics from Sept 25th by sMT in addition to all the other great photos and I greatly appreciate each and every person who takes the time to take these spectacular pics.

Thanks!!!

does the crane operator actually have to climb up those steps everyday? (the white crane hanging off the side of the building, the one that goes all the way up the tower)

does the crane operator actually have to climb up those steps everyday? (the white crane hanging off the side of the building, the one that goes all the way up the tower)

I wish the crane operator would answer himself and also post some photos to show us how it looks from up there. It must be quite the view.

This is how I think he gets up there:
  • First he takes the man and material hoist (outside elevators on south side) all the way up to around the 50th floor.
  • Then he walks up the L-Tower staircase to the 55th floor where he crosses a bridge to the crane.
  • From there he still has to climb ladders inside the mast for another 40 to 50 meters to get to his crane cab.

Original compared to new design

The way this is turning out, it just makes it seem more and more sad that we lost the original "boot" design. That would have really knocked this out of the park from street level.

Actually I'm more in love with the new design. There was a lot of controversy with the boot. Some people liked it, some people hated it, some people loved it.

If you never saw the boot, I think the new design is be even better, if you saw it first.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here they are side-by-side

Last edited:

Back