Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

11 PM:

mnQf1.jpg

Thanks :p This photo proves my theory that GBC's extreme brightness (although I love the architecture), makes it difficult if not impossible to take night shots of the skyline from Polson....Only decent night shots from that angle since GBC was finished have been HDRs. Otherwise you have a dark skyline or a bright GBC ruining the photo. Next time I'm there at night I wont even attempt non-HDR shots. Funny how with all the talk of tall condo buildings ruining "postcard shots", a short and otherwise attractive institutional building is the culprit here. Just my two cents

yep, HDR is the best bet, though another option is to get there a bit earlier when there is still some colour and brightness in the sky. Completely dark skies never give the best result regardless if one particular source is extremely bright or not.

You could also take two shots, one with a shorter exposure time, then cut GBC out of the underexposed pic and paste it into the main skyline shot.

You could also take two shots, one with a shorter exposure time, then cut GBC out of the underexposed pic and paste it into the main skyline shot.

Thats always an option, but it makes more sense to just shoot an HDR with 3 exposures instead of manually stitching 2

that last pic of someMidtowners is just one of those angles where the old podium would have looked amazing.. I wasn't a huge fan of the boot and how it looked from certain places, but like i said, from some angles it would have looked great.

the podium balanced out the base of the tower considering how skinny this tower is

that last pic of someMidtowners is just one of those angles where the old podium would have looked amazing.. I wasn't a huge fan of the boot and how it looked from certain places, but like i said, from some angles it would have looked great.

the podium balanced out the base of the tower considering how skinny this tower is

Totally, the boot loss was just another nail in Toronto's architectural coffin. All we do is rip off designs from other cities and build smaller, cheaper versions. Toronto architecture = poo

Back