Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

it does look awkward. but. that being said im. sure who ever designed it. knew what they were doing. i think we all see it as odd looking cause there has not been a building done like it in toronto before. so its a new type of construction customised for this tower. and so very differently shaped and especially on its scale to it seems odd. when in reality it is structurally sound. the views from the ground looking up also give an odd illusion of those colums but again. im sure they know what they are doing. and as Vegeta said look up at the top of the page for end resault or on google image search for render or models.

Shutterbugs were out in force today because of the awesome weather. Seemed everyone else was just as interested in the L-Tower as me :D
Today:

hDDfd.jpg

cPNpc.jpg

mLtmF.jpg

N4PbC.jpg

8w6LS.jpg

Thanks for those sharp photos! That striking curved profile will definitely have a defining statement on the skyline.
You are welcome. It will indeed make a statement. I love the L-Tower and it is certainly one of my favourite projects right now, if not my #1....The only problem I have with it is how it turns its back towards the lake. It just seems a bit awkward looking from the south. Still, I'm confident that once its topped out and all the cladding is up we are going to have something epic.

oh yes, love the bigger panels of glass above the entrance way. but why couldn't they have used this on the entire west, south, and east sides? Is there a technical reason or just cost?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is going to be a gem. Truly outrageous.

The top 10% of the building is where most of the design drama is. It's only going to get better over the next couple of months.

funny how when this building was around 5-10 floors people were all saying it was gonna suck, now as its gone up everyone is liking it.

it would be nice if l tower had another 10 stories

Back