Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Taken today...

L-TOWER-18-04-2012.jpg

Last edited:
I'm loving these pictures with fountain shots in them!!! The aura thread has a shot of one too!!
They add so much life and energy to the city. We need more of them!!! Please build more fountains in Toronto!!! Lol

I'm loving these pictures with fountain shots in them!!! The aura thread has a shot of one too!!
They add so much life and energy to the city. We need more of them!!! Please build more fountains in Toronto!!! Lol

Actually, I wholeheartedly agree with you. I have long thought that we needed more decorative European-style fountains throughout town.

I was reading a tourism article about Toronto and the author says "Toronto is more industrial and concrete-y- that I imagined"
There u go!!! We need more fountains and more trees trees trees!!!!!!!! And watch it blossom into a pretty, green city.

Nice picture cruzin! That will be on of the bet views of L Tower when it's completed!

I was reading a tourism article about Toronto and the author says "Toronto is more industrial and concrete-y- that I imagined"
There u go!!! We need more fountains and more trees trees trees!!!!!!!! And watch it blossom into a pretty, green city.

We have plenty of trees, Toronto is a very green city so that's just plain nonsense. I'm totally on board for more fountains/water features though.

Some of you really ought to see my view over the city: It looks like one giant forest with "mountains" of highrises peaking out here and there.

I agree the dreary industrial & post 1950s areas of the city need a huge investment in tree planting, but saying Toronto doesn't have much greenery or fountains is sheer ignorance.

We have plenty of trees, Toronto is a very green city so that's just plain nonsense. I'm totally on board for more fountains/water features though.

Then y would a total stranger who calls Toronto "cool" make that comment. That's the impression she got. An objective observation.
Unless she was expecting a small, quaint, green, picturesque city.

Then y would a total stranger who calls Toronto "cool" make that comment. That's the impression she got. An objective observation.
Unless she was expecting a small, quaint, green, picturesque city.

Tourists necessarily experience only a small sample of wherever thet go, be it geographically or climatic. Just because they are objective doesn't mean they are fully informed or experienced.

Why jump all over the comment I think its very accurate if you take it in the right context:

Yes of course Toronto has a lot of parks, and the city as a whole is covered with a lot of greenery, there are many residential neighborhoods with countless trees.

But venture into the core on all our major arteries:
Yonge, Queen, King, Front, Bay, Bloor, Dundas ...

While some of these areas have a little tree coverage it generally pales in comparison to some other cities, Vancouver and many other American ones.

In Toronto there are lots of trees but largely along residential streets. Most of the main thoroughfares are sorely lacking. Now that I think of it this is sort of the reverse of what you'd find in Europe where trees are planted ornamentally along avenues and boulevards but where you'll find fewer of them in the residential areas (lots of hedging and greenery though).

For me this really just comes back to the issue of caring about and improving the quality of our streetscapes. Bloor Street is leagues ahead of where it used to be. It would be nice to see other major streets follow suit, if not to the same extent necessarily. Just thing how Bay Street north of Queen could be improved with an avenue created and a canopy of trees. Pretty in the summer and fall... and lights in the winter!

I wonder what kind of schedule impact the cladding problems are having. By this point they should have had at least 10 floors covered and been able to start interior work on those levels. The lack of cladding must be having a knock on effect for all the interior finishing work.

Someone mentioned the same manufacturer is doing the cladding on Ice as well, which is also getting pretty tall but still has no window wall installed.

In Toronto there are lots of trees but largely along residential streets. Most of the main thoroughfares are sorely lacking. Now that I think of it this is sort of the reverse of what you'd find in Europe where trees are planted ornamentally along avenues and boulevards but where you'll find fewer of them in the residential areas (lots of hedging and greenery though).

For me this really just comes back to the issue of caring about and improving the quality of our streetscapes. Bloor Street is leagues ahead of where it used to be. It would be nice to see other major streets follow suit, if not to the same extent necessarily. Just thing how Bay Street north of Queen could be improved with an avenue created and a canopy of trees. Pretty in the summer and fall... and lights in the winter!

Exactly my thoughts!

All these buildings r going up, however, very few r spending serious can on the ground, public level esthetics. They should all be forced to create some sort of green something. They pour their concrete and off they go.
Look at ROM for example. Y didn't they plan a nice green space at the main entrance. Ditto for the four seasons center, ditto for yonge and dundas. It's nice to walk and and then stumble upon and nice little green space. Does not need to be huge.
anyways, just my thoughts!!

Back