Toronto Kipling Station Transit Hub | ?m | 2s | Metrolinx | SAI

Gosh, that might be longer than Main Street station to Danforth GO (westbound). It's only 4 minutes door to door (GO platform 1). I haven't timed it from the subway platform though ... but I don't think it's 3 minutes from the bottom of the escalator to the front door.

Bizarre that Metrolinx is creating new massive walking connections in this day and age. I thought this compartmentalization was ending.

Metrolinx News: How Long Walks Improve Society

The location new MiWay/GO Kipling bus terminal is the direct result of Hydro One's fear of having any piece of infrastructure located directly under their lines, as well as the pour planning of the city and Metrolinx (albeit Metrolinx as we know it didn't exist back in those days).

The city and province identified the need for the terminal as early as 2006 (in my records, probably even earlier then that in general), and at that time their was still vacant land located directly north of the TTC bus terminal. They dragged their feet long enough on the issue, and Tridel snapped up the lands to build their condo complex. I always said that having the new terminal located there would have been better long term, but in the end what we're seeing is the best that could have been done given the situation.

I actually think an escalator rather than all those stairs up from the tunnel would actually be even higher priority than a movator for me . . .

Re. Hydro Corridor - someone should point them to Finch YRT terminal . . .

Metrolinx News: How Long Walks Improve Society
From Metrolinx News: How Long Walks Improve Society

With increased calories burned, sedentary lifestyles would be minimized thanks to necessary long walks.

Side effects include plantar fasciitis and the resultant growth of heel spurs for those having a very sedentary lifestyle prior to the news. It's always a good idea to wear comfortable athletic shoes when commuting. If you must wear dress shoes, bring them with you, but wear athletic shoes while walking. Winter boots should also be comfortable during the winter when wearing athletic shoes is unsafe while walking on icy surfaces. Comfortable footwear will minimize plantar fasciitis over time.

Long tunnels provide an opportunity for advertisers to build their brands by subjecting commuters to long stretches of advertising.

Last edited:
I actually think an escalator rather than all those stairs up from the tunnel would actually be even higher priority than a movator for me . . .

Re. Hydro Corridor - someone should point them to Finch YRT terminal . . .
You remember how they say the olden days were the golden days?

For anyone taking that side, there's yet another example of that. Remember that terminal was built 40+ years ago; there's no way in god's planet it would be built in that location today. If it were up to Hydro One, they would take a wrecking ball to it tomorrow if they could.

Every time I transfer from GO to Subway at Danforth, I find myself walking with a group of people. More often than not, I actually transfer to a westbound 506 at Gerrard, and that's a pretty solitary trip. But when there's no 506 coming, I instead walk to Main Station, and always find myself walking with a group of people.

Why do you think people don't transfer here? I certainly see eastbound GO to TTC movement all the time. And anecdotally I hear of people who start their journeys near Bloor Danforth heading out east, going to Main/Danforth to catch GO instead of to Union, as it's faster.
I just don't think as many people transfer as you seem to think do and I fail to see why walking across Danforth Avenue is an issue at all. If I recall the TTC used to have the stop at Main and Danforth be drop off only because of the distance from the subway station so using it to cross a street seems like a waste of time to me it's no wonder you would be the only one boarding one there.

I really don't see there ever being a "better connection" there because it isn't necessary at all. Even if go rer is built like everyone thinks it will be I don't see more people in Toronto switching to go transit unless they get rid of zone fares in the city of Toronto which I don't see happening as Metrolinx seems to think that all of Ontario should implement them so that it's "fare" for everyone.

The new public washrooms are open.

I just had to be the first to mention them.:)

- Paul
LOL and were open on Monday. Have yet to check them out.

LOL and were open on Monday. Have yet to check them out.

As long as you don't have to pay to use them...
pay-tiolet.jpg

From link.

From Metrolinx News: How Long Walks Improve Society

With increased calories burned, sedentary lifestyles would be minimized thanks to necessary long walks.

Side effects include plantar fasciitis and the resultant growth of heel spurs for those having a very sedentary lifestyle prior to the news. It's always a good idea to wear comfortable athletic shoes when commuting. If you must wear dress shoes, bring them with you, but wear athletic shoes while walking. Winter boots should also be comfortable during the winter when wearing athletic shoes is unsafe while walking on icy surfaces. Comfortable footwear will minimize plantar fasciitis over time.

Long tunnels provide an opportunity for advertisers to build their brands by subjecting commuters to long stretches of advertising.
Lol!

Maybe it should've been

Metrolinx News: How Kipling Station Is Fighting the Obesity Epidemic

Reason to use the Kipling Station tunnel...

Peloton bike deliveries months behind schedule as demand surges due to pandemic

See link.

With fitness clubs closed due to COVID-19 many people are investing in workout equipment for their home and if you want one of the most popular connected fitness bikes you could be waiting months to get it.
...It's not just Peloton bikes, sales of ellipticals, treadmills, free weights and other exercise equipment are in high demand as more people create home gyms.

Peloton has seen a massive increase in sales and has become a billion dollars business with almost four million clients who pay a monthly subscription fee to workout with trainers or celebrities.

Back