Toronto Kings Club at King High Line | 57.6m | 18s | First Capital | Kasian

according to RealNet the last sale was in December 2012 (three 2-bedrooms), and 185 of 293 (63%) of total units were sold

Yes, but the 293 total was just the first phase, wasn't it? I was under the impression the total number of units for the completed project was much higher, and the project was a major flop.

I have to wonder how much of this is the result of changing market conditions vs. Urbancorp's poor reputation catching up with them.

This situation is like saying buy and eat food at your own risk. You can't sue anyone if something happens to you. But in reality that isn't the case. You are entitled to sue and there is a regulatory body that overseas the safety and quality of the food. I don't see how that can't be and shouldn't be implemented in the real estate industry. There's really no excuse.

Real estate market is the Wild Wild West. All they say is "buyer beware".

Anyways, I do agree that the purchaser(s) should have done their due diligence but where would they be able to research this builder? The problem with the market is it's next to impossible to find information on builders and condos. The info that is out there is typically manipulated/misrepresented (ie: The amount of claims on Tarion's site). I only know of bad builders by either having dealt with them or having family member or friends dealing with them. Aside from that, not much info out there and IMO that needs to change.

You would think this is in Mississauga given the insane amount of underground parking,

16423629395_8d9c4d857c_b.jpg

There are three buildings coming here - Kingsclub is going to be quite big, with lots of retail too, so I'm not surprised there's a large underground here.

Yeah, this is bizarre; I’d never heard of it either.

Why on earth are they calling it the King High Line? It’s so embarrassing/demeaning to just steal the NYC name.

The concept was mentioned in a front page story on First Capital projects in December, although it wasn't named High Line in the story.

The reason they're stealing the name is that it immediately gives you an idea of what they are attempting here. Got another catchy name that sums it up?

In the two linked YouTube videos above (watch both), it shows the gradual rise against brick walls of Kingsclub. I believe that they are seeking changes to the plans that would allow for more retail along that stretch. The videos currently show only one store at King, but they want to get more along the route to make it work better. The bridge plan still needs approval from Metrolinx too, AFAIK. Maybe it got approval recently, but I haven't heard it reported yet. The bridge plan needs more access - from Joe Shuster Way on the south, and towards Sudbury St from the east on the north. Overall, great idea.

You would think this is in Mississauga given the insane amount of underground parking,

The other thing you learn from one of the videos is that there will be a fairly large grocery store on the below-ground level at the west end. That would account partially for what appears to be a huge parking garage.

yes, but where does the funding come from? if privately financed, or even done through the section 37 from this development, great. Otherwise, it makes me question.

I'd be surprised if there was tax money going into this. I think that Bridge, Connect, and Westside Lofts buildings all had some money put into S37 for the bridge, and Kingsclub would be pouring development and maybe S37 money into it too. It's just going to make things better for this development, for Liberty Village, for West Queen West, for anything connected to the West Toronto Railpath, what's not to love?!

Back