Toronto Kings Club at King High Line | 57.6m | 18s | First Capital | Kasian

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Not sure if there's an existing thread for this already. King, Club, and Condos are all pretty common terms and couldn't find anything while searching "UrbanCorp".

Anyways, found this on Urbanation's Twitter feed:

http://twitter.com/#!/urbanation

Rendering of future 4 bldg, 638 unit "Kings Club Condos" by Urbancorp and First Capital Realty coming to King St:

416535300.jpg

Looks like a lot of retail ... good sign !

UD: your first image above is the courtyard of Victory condos.

Anyway, pretty cool complex. We'll go after more info on this for you!

I believe the site has already been cleared... I caught a glimpse the other day driving past on King St.

Wow, I love it. This will definitely bring a pleasant street wall and lots of desperately needed life to this dreadful stretch. This piece of land had been a vacant mess overgrown with weeds for as long as I can remember. Can't wait to see it finished.

And is that a mini flatiron on the east end that I see? ;)

from today's Daily Commercial News, posted with the usual warning - looks like the address might be 1100 King St.W....

CONDOMINIUM, RETAIL Proj: 9145329-1
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON PREPARING PLANS
Kingsclub Condominiums, 1100 king St W, M6K 3E4

$75,000,000 est

Note: Project is very preliminary. Marketing is underway. Architect listed will only be working on preliminary design. Schedules for design, tender, and construction may be determined in 2012. Further update early 2012.

Project: proposed construction of a condominium development which will consist of four buildings with a total of 638 residential units.
Scope: 4 structures; 638 units
Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs; Retail, wholesale services

Last edited:
I mildly dread the yellow brick/precast. Couldn't they have mixed in a few more colours?

It looks like there is a sales/presentation center of some sort on the site now. We live right beside this and were actually expecting just the 60,000sq ft of retail, not that plus 600 units.

Some bolder colours would be nice, but I like the varying facades and tower portions. It should serve to break up the street level monotony that often comes with such large projects.

Looks good (though I see the hospital resemblance), I like that it isn't all glass and the beige brick works with the neighbouring buildings. Don't think I would want to live in one facing Lamport stadium - those lights are very bright and the noise, at least it isn't used all that often.

Back