Hamilton King William Urban Rentals | 97.56m | 30s | LIUNA | Graziani + Corazza

Must agree, SSP, is by far too clunky with photo element. Aside from all the new residents this development will create, I am stoked about the additional ground floor retail assume food) options that will become available. With the Design District plus extra residential towers within two blocks, I can see Hughson really taking off as a pedestrian connector.

seems odd to place the soil beds them so close to the building as opposed to being on the other side of the sidewalk where they can grow big and not interfere with the building.. unless it's just for flowerbeds..

The City has no idea how to plant urban trees. This is why some people get so upset when matured trees are cut down for developments, such as the one in front of Mac’s Downtown Res bldg.

Take a walk around downtown looking for recently-planted trees. You’ll notice the majority of them have branches popping up from the base — This means the tree is stressed.

Many of the trees at the rushjob park at John/Rebecca are in this state:

IMG_3985.jpeg

It’s not just downtown, either. I’ve noticed a lot of the new trees in the redeveloped Heritage Green area suffering as well.

In the States, local govs are using tax dollars to install rain gardens along their main roads to help bring nature back to their cities while using them to clean the rainwater before it goes back into their water sources.

Richmond, Indiana

IMG_3989.png

IMG_3986.png

IMG_3990.png

Pine Bluff, Arkansas

IMG_3992.png
IMG_3994.png
IMG_3993.png

IMG_3991.png

I can guarantee this is not planned for either King or Main Streets despite major redesigns currently in the works.

Hamilton deserves better than what we’re getting!

Attachments

• IMG_3988.png
    IMG_3988.png
    1,018.7 KB · Views: 31
At least the street itself will be open though!
King William has been open all along. It’s just Hughson St and the south sidewalk of KW that have been closed for this. I imagine similar closures could come to Hughson between Rebecca and Wilson during the construction of 73 Hughson and maybe north of Wilson for the design district.

I think they are also supposed to be installing a gate or something on KW at James to pedestrianize the street, but I don’t see that being a good idea until Hughson is completely open from Wilson to King.

King William has been open all along. It’s just Hughson St and the south sidewalk of KW that have been closed for this. I imagine similar closures could come to Hughson between Rebecca and Wilson during the construction of 73 Hughson and maybe north of Wilson for the design district.

I think they are also supposed to be installing a gate or something on KW at James to pedestrianize the street, but I don’t see that being a good idea until Hughson is completely open from Wilson to King.
I'm meaning the south sidewalk having been closed. It's made the street pretty tight for those walking when it's busy around there.

Plants and tree installed in those closer up planter boxes:

View attachment 516615
..why would they plant trees THAT close to the building? That tree has no room to grow.. that's why they have boulevards close to the road, to leave them enough room to spread out..

also the original renders show what appear to be awnings jutting out from where the vents are - wouldnt these just interfere with the trees..?

DOR3cenVQAEiLQF.jpg

as you can see from the original render, the trees are in a much more logical spot

Back