Toronto King West Life Condominiums | ?m | 25s | Plaza | Gabriel Bodor

check out the starting from under $$ when you look at the units in the floor plan area.

I did see that, but it doesn't give any indication what each floor plan actually costs. For example, the $404900 (being the cheapest) must be for the 884 ft = 453/ft. Cheaper than say Electra or DNA across the tracks and pretty decent. I would bet that you could get substantially less if you negotiated as their desire to sell must be pretty massive. Unfortunately, if you bought last year, i would bet dollars to donuts that you could probably buy the same unit for less right now.

Hey buddy let me explain how this site pricing works... the price you see for 2 plus den is for the 884 sq ft west facing unit. It is priced 10 grand cheaper than when it first opened. If you do the math ull see that it works out to 460 bucks per sq ft for that unit. The 1172 sq ft units are listed around 570k. The prices have not dropped or anything since that 10k reduction last fall. So needless to say us purchasers arent worried because there was never any price drop to worry about.

check out the starting from under $$ when you look at the units in the floor plan area.

So it looks like the first signs of progress are here!! They have gutted the 1 plus den model suite in the showroom to make room for a new suite design for the second phase. I am assuming that this means that the launch of the next phase is just around the corner!!! Anyone else excited to hear this?? :)

Unless they are just redesigning the remaining unsold floors to make them more attractive to buyers based on current market conditions. This is quite a common way to stimulate flat sales for units that aren't selling.

current market conditions are on fire! properties in the area are moving within days. Theres no shortage of buyers these days. Take a walk through the show room they are almost done with 1st phase units. well over 75% done.

Unless they are just redesigning the remaining unsold floors to make them more attractive to buyers based on current market conditions. This is quite a common way to stimulate flat sales for units that aren't selling.

Was in the sales centre today. Indeed it was pretty busy! Phase one is about 70% sold and pretty much all the good units are gone. I was asking about phase 2 and they say they are 'not sure' when they will release them. Unfortunately regarding units sold 70% of phase 1 is only about 25-30% of the building as its all being built together.

Have to wait and see how this pans out. Occupancy date is December 31st 2012.

70% of phase 1 would equal 23.3% of the building sold - and that's over the last 18 months - at that pace it would take another 3 years to reach 70% of the building and then another 3 to build putting occupancy somewhere in 2014-2015.

And new condo sales are most definitely NOT on fire. They are still 40% below what they were a year ago and 50% less than what they were in 2007. They are substantially up from the fall/winter, but that's not exactly an accurate comparison.

"After three consecutive quarters of negative growth, sales of condos hit 2,963 units in the second quarter, up 223 per cent from the dismal 917 sales in the first quarter of the year according to market research firm Urbanation Inc.

However, the market still has a ways to go before a full recovery. Sales are still down by 40 per cent from the second quarter of 2008. That quarter saw 4,962 sales, just before the market started to correct rapidly as the recession hit.
" Toronto Star, Aug. 4/09

Last edited:
70% of phase 1 would equal 23.3% of the building sold - and that's over the last 18 months - at that pace it would take another 3 years to reach 70% of the building and then another 3 to build putting occupancy somewhere in 2014-2015.

And new condo sales are most definitely NOT on fire. They are still 40% below what they were a year ago and 50% less than what they were in 2007. They are substantially up from the fall/winter, but that's not exactly an accurate comparison.

"After three consecutive quarters of negative growth, sales of condos hit 2,963 units in the second quarter, up 223 per cent from the dismal 917 sales in the first quarter of the year according to market research firm Urbanation Inc.

However, the market still has a ways to go before a full recovery. Sales are still down by 40 per cent from the second quarter of 2008. That quarter saw 4,962 sales, just before the market started to correct rapidly as the recession hit.
" Toronto Star, Aug. 4/09

i guess you could always look at the negative side,:confused: such Doom and Gloom:rolleyes:

Yes its true that the market isnt the same as it used to be. But if you take this project for example, they sold maybe 150 units throughout the first 10 months. Sales were basically dead through the winter months. Over the past few months they have doubled their sales. They are over 300 sold now. I counted the dots! I dont think it makes sense to think that it will take 5 years to sell this now. I would count this past winter as a write off but the progress it has seen in the past few months should continue on throughout the fall. If you take into consideration that consumer confidence is almost completely back now, theres no way it will take 5 years to sell all of that. Also, vibe is basically sold out and in construction, liberty towers have a select few suites left, 17 foot lofts are 80% sold, this is the last chance to own something new in the area.

i guess you could always look at the negative side,:confused: such Doom and Gloom:rolleyes:

There are still plans for townhomes and another condo on the east side of Bliss, a condo behind the Liberty Towers sales centre, a condo on top of the Liberty sales centre, a condo on the parking lot for the Liberty Towers sale centre and there is also still Liberty on the Park. So there will be plenty of opportunities to buy new in the area for the next 5 years at least. CanAlfa is launching it's next phase in the spring of 2010 (although it's been pushed at least 2 years later as well because of the downturn).

Last edited:
Yes its true that the market isnt the same as it used to be. But if you take this project for example, they sold maybe 150 units throughout the first 10 months. Sales were basically dead through the winter months. Over the past few months they have doubled their sales. They are over 300 sold now. I counted the dots! I dont think it makes sense to think that it will take 5 years to sell this now. I would count this past winter as a write off but the progress it has seen in the past few months should continue on throughout the fall. If you take into consideration that consumer confidence is almost completely back now, theres no way it will take 5 years to sell all of that. Also, vibe is basically sold out and in construction, liberty towers have a select few suites left, 17 foot lofts are 80% sold, this is the last chance to own something new in the area.

While it definitely wont take 5 years to sell i think the actual construction will be 2.5 to 3 years on top of their sales period. I think that may be about 5 years total. Love this project, hope to see it up soon....

Nevermind King West. There are still about a half dozen towers in Liberty Village to be built including a tallest .

This may be a bit of a stupid question, but is it possible that some developer might try to squeeze in another tower behind the KWL condos? I think about this every time I see the Tip Top Tailor lofts and think about how angry those "lakefront view" owners must be feeling.

Back