Toronto King West Life Condominiums | ?m | 25s | Plaza | Gabriel Bodor

As promised in our Friday email, here are the floorplans for the 2 suites being released in 2 days, this Wednesday, July 15th at 12 Noon.

OFFERING #1: 2 BEDROOMS
Southeast and southwest 2 bedroom 2 bathroom corner suites with breathtaking wall-of-glass wraparound views, 2 balconies, wall-of-glass in kitchen, southeast and southwest corners, floors 12 to 21, from $381,900

OFFERING #2: 1 BEDROOM
South facing 1 bedroom suites with double-wide south facing balconies and walkouts from both living room and bedroom, floors 12 to 21, from $239,900

For information on features & finishes, please visit the website at www.kingwestlife.com

To view the floorplans click here.

Because we have a strictly limited capacity in the Sales Centre for this Event, IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY DONE SO, we urge you to RSVP as soon as possible either by email to Lydia@kingwestlife.com or by telephone to (647) 341-1731 if you intend to attend. There is NO RESERVE for these suites and they will be sold on Wednesday July 15th, 2009 from 12 Noon to 6 pm on a strictly first come/first served basis.

WHEN & WHERE: Wednesday July 15th 12 Noon to 6 pm at the King West Condominiumns Sales Centre in Liberty Village

New floor plans:

http://www.kingwestlife.com/newplans.html

thanks MattR ... it seems like Plazacorp broke up the two SE / SW facing units on floors 12 to 21 in turn to create three units ... pretty typical convention builders use nowadays ... spilting up larger units to create more smaller units for increased affordability

but this 'new release' is still located within Tower 1 of KWL though from what I gather ~

This is still Tower 1 and it's priced around $450/ft not including parking/locker.

Its $450 a sq ft INCLUDING parking and locker for the 2 bedrooms, the 1 bedrooms dont come with parking and still have locker. I was there today. I bought a southwest corner unit.

By the way everyone, they are also giving up to 5k cash back on closing as well. The new corner suites you get 4k back on closing. Most of the smaller units get 2 or 3k back.

Last edited by a moderator:
The KingWestLife presentation center is always total deadsville. I don't think sales are terribly brisk over there. In fact the only time I ever see cars in the parking lot is durring MLS games and the recent Honda Indy.

Was it busy today? $419/ft is pretty good, but 600 suites is a lot to sell before construction begins.

I was there last saturday for about 25 mins. There was around 20 people in the sales office and I saw 6 deals being done in that time. Wednesday wasn't super busy, mainly due to it being a wednesday and the fact that they didn't advertise to the public, only to registered people. The southwest units, floors 12-17 were gone in 5 mins and the east I think 3 or 4 were gone. I don't see the rest lasting much longer than the weekend. There were also about 4 or 5 of the small south 1 beds sold right away. There may have been more yesterday but I was only there for about an hour.

I was there last saturday for about 25 mins. There was around 20 people in the sales office and I saw 6 deals being done in that time. Wednesday wasn't super busy, mainly due to it being a wednesday and the fact that they didn't advertise to the public, only to registered people. The southwest units, floors 12-17 were gone in 5 mins and the east I think 3 or 4 were gone. I don't see the rest lasting much longer than the weekend. There were also about 4 or 5 of the small south 1 beds sold right away. There may have been more yesterday but I was only there for about an hour.

Thanks for the update! Looks like they are selling pretty well within the past little while. They are behind schedule though! They should really be selling phase 2 by now but they seem to be 'struggling' on phase 1! Any idea how much of phase 1 was sold?

Also when you were they (you said you bought a unit) did they give you any idea when they will begin building / the building will be complete?

Thank you!

Thanks for the update! Looks like they are selling pretty well within the past little while. They are behind schedule though! They should really be selling phase 2 by now but they seem to be 'struggling' on phase 1! Any idea how much of phase 1 was sold?

Also when you were they (you said you bought a unit) did they give you any idea when they will begin building / the building will be complete?

Thank you!

They were really behind. They have a new projected occupancy date of December 2012. Thats a year and a half behind the original date and I'm assuming it wont be sometime until 2013. I know west harbour city is in the 5th year and they get occupancy this year. So i wouldn't expect any less in this project.

They were really behind. They have a new projected occupancy date of December 2012. Thats a year and a half behind the original date and I'm assuming it wont be sometime until 2013. I know west harbour city is in the 5th year and they get occupancy this year. So i wouldn't expect any less in this project.

Given that KWL is being built together (all 3 phases at the same time) and WHC was just one phase that took 5 years I am now starting to see that this may taken ages to get done!

did Plazacorp say that will build all 3 phases of KWL together? does all 3 towers need to be built at the same time ?? I would hope that is not that case or else it will easily be 7 years before this whole complex is sold out and erected

did Plazacorp say that will build all 3 phases of KWL together? does all 3 towers need to be built at the same time ?? I would hope that is not that case or else it will easily be 7 years before this whole complex is sold out and erected

According to my understanding that was the plan. I was wondering if it could be built separately but they are all connected...not too sure...

Just my thoughts ... the KWL complex is similar to Pinnacle Centre's 4 tower with shared podium idea, and in that case the towers were each built as they were sold (with the 4th tower now on hold, so I think it is 'possible' and maybe logical that the 3 KWL towers being built separately ... the only down side is KWL will not get its amenities built until Tower 2 is built (where the pool and rooftop garden is proposed)

I don't know if the tune has changed recently, but Plazacorp has always said that it will all be built at once. If that is still the case, then good luck getting in here before 2014.

Once they start building they will build the whole podium. I can see them doing the framing for the first tower then moving onto the second right after and then the third. I would assume that even with them building everything together they will finish tower one first and move people in while they are finishing the second and so on... I dont think they will wait to sell all their units before they build. Theres a lot of private funding from investors with these people. We should all just wait until the end of the summer and see whats sold.

BTW everyone just so you all know, the towers arent equally sized. There are more units in phase one than phase 2 and phase 3. Here is the breakdown on my new contract of the percentage of contribution to common expences. Phase 1: 37.6% Phase 2: 30.38% Phase 3: 31.88%

So it looks like after phase 1 they will be well on their way to getting the financing.

Just my thoughts ... the KWL complex is similar to Pinnacle Centre's 4 tower with shared podium idea, and in that case the towers were each built as they were sold (with the 4th tower now on hold, so I think it is 'possible' and maybe logical that the 3 KWL towers being built separately ... the only down side is KWL will not get its amenities built until Tower 2 is built (where the pool and rooftop garden is proposed)

Back