Toronto KING Toronto | 57.6m | 16s | Westbank | Bjarke Ingels Group

From some of the pics more of late posted suggests it's there...they just haven't broken it out of the packaging as of yet for some reason. /sigh
Can you imagine how expensive it is to have the project literally stand still during a time of high interest rates? no envelope, no interior progress....just standing still

Can you imagine how expensive it is to have the project literally stand still during a time of high interest rates? no envelope, no interior progress....just standing still
Yeah unfortunate for West Bank regarding their glass supplier.
Bad planning on their part?
Who did the due diligence and credit check on this glass supplier before they declared bankruptcy?
For owners, they avoided the highest interest rate period so it may work ini their favour

Yeah unfortunate for West Bank regarding their glass supplier.
Bad planning on their part?
Who did the due diligence and credit check on this glass supplier before they declared bankruptcy?
For owners, they avoided the highest interest rate period so it may work ini their favour
Why do you think their glass supplier has gone bankrupt? Why do you think that they are not just waiting to start glass installation until their glass crews can work on this full time? UTers are often too eager to panic and assume disaster before we need to.

I am beginning to wonder though if this is one of those deals where we should never rely on the renders, as final changes are at the discretion of the developer here. However, I imagine to forgo any cladding on this residential whatsoever has to come up as a minor variance application to The City somewhere. Not to mention, a hard sell to prospecting buyers including Sir Elton. Candles in the wind, indeed... >.<

Why do you think their glass supplier has gone bankrupt? Why do you think that they are not just waiting to start glass installation until their glass crews can work on this full time? UTers are often too eager to panic and assume disaster before we need to.
...to be fair though, I think it's more head scratching than panic here.

...to be fair though, I think it's more head scratching than panic here.
Saying "Who did the due diligence and credit check on this glass supplier before they declared bankruptcy?" with no evidence provided that anyone has declared bankruptcy or that the glass order is in danger looks more like panic than head scratching to me. .

The glass supplier said that the glass supplier was bankrupt, through their insolvency trustee. Assuming thr poster was referring to last year's bankruptcy. I don't know that the replacement supplier has been confirmed?

Because they announced that they've filed for bankruptcy Chapter 11 lol

Important to say the project is not at a stand still; there is definitely ongoing work as well documented by @AHK.

A fairer statement would be that work appears to be progressing more slowly that one would have anticipated, and that the issue w/the cladding supplier may well be a factor.

Yeah unfortunate for West Bank regarding their glass supplier......

While this is true, I am under the impression there is cladding on site. IF that is the case ( I expressed when I posted that I wasn't 100% confident on the source), I'm not sure why it isn't yet being applied.

Back