Toronto King + Condos | 53.03m | 17s | King Plus | TACT Architecture

I just realized that from this perspective, the site will ironically become more in line with the surrounding context after the facadectomy given the historic facade on the north side of the street which has been given a nearly identical treatment. There'll be a certain beauty in the symmetry when looking east on King, but it's kind of an odd thing when a place has more historic facades than actual historic buildings.

It does, but it's a great area nonetheless. Central and attractive, but still quiet and somewhat off the beaten track. I spent a lot of time down there from about 06-10, and I fell in love with it.

I'll argue King E needs very little work till it gets closer to the Distillery District ... probably one of the most complete streets in Toronto to be honest ... regardless of what you think about the retail composition.

Application: Partial Permit Status: Under Review

TORONTO ON M5A 1K2

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 11 299749 STR 00 PP Accepted Date: Jan 28, 2013

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res Partial Permit - Structural Framing

Description: Part Permit - Proposal to construct new 17-storey mixed-use building consisting of underground parking (3223.4m2), 132 residential units (10704.49m2), retail (362.33m2), mechanical space (883.73m2), with sprinklers included throughout the building (14272.73m2). Also see STE files 08-186000 for rezoning, and 08-186022 for site plan approval.

Though they erected the construction fencing before Christmas and have a demolition permit they do not seem to have actually started any demolition yet.

It may be hard to see now with the hoarding up but the backs of both of those buildings were taken out before the hoarding was put up.

Mar 25

IMG_5235_zpsd8d45769.jpg

IMG_5234_zpscadf84c9.jpg

I love the lofts that will front this project (on the east side) anyone have more information about them ? With the large windows (made from small glass squares ... I'm sure it has a name).

Back