Toronto King Blue by Greenland | 155.75m | 48s | Greenland | Arcadis

I just read the WSJ story. Nothing in there mentions rental apartments. To the contrary, the story specifically states that Greenland remains confident it can SELL the units in China despite the cancellation of the investor visa program.

Pic taken Sept 6 2014

ig3CTuO.jpg

Well, it is official, the King Blue project has sold to giant Chinese developer Greenland. Front page story here.

There are currently 23 ultra-high-rise buildings completed or under construction by Greenland, four of which are among the top ten tallest buildings in the world. Amongst the 23 ultra-high-rises are a building in each of London, England and Sydney, Australia.

Pardon my english, but what is an ultra-high-rise building:confused:

There are currently 23 ultra-high-rise buildings completed or under construction by Greenland, four of which are among the top ten tallest buildings in the world. Amongst the 23 ultra-high-rises are a building in each of London, England and Sydney, Australia.

Pardon my english, but what is an ultra-high-rise building:confused:

by the context, it seems to mean buildings which are very tall (same as in "Ultra high-net-worth"). For example, it is constructing a 606 meter building in Wuhan, which will become the third tallest building in the world upon completion (2017).
Seems to be a very solid company with investments in quite a few high profile projects (London, Manhattan, downtown LA etc).

Last edited:
by the context, it seems to mean buildings which are very tall (same as in "Ultra high-net-worth"). For example, it is constructing a 606 meter building in Wuhan, which will become the third tallest building in the world upon completion (2017).

I thought the same but wouldnt have thought that, London or Sydney were into 600 meter tall bldgs,

would be great if they could ditch P+S, and bring in a Chinese architect.....

/probably won't happen if they are planning on honouring the existing sales agreements..

They had the square footage and lot size though, which perfectly matched this project. I figured out this purchase way back then.

Application: New Building Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5V 1J6

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 14 236006 BLD 00 NB Accepted Date: Oct 22, 2014

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res New Building

Description: Proposal to construct 2 towers (44 sty and 48 sty) consisting of a hotel in the north building, 913 condo units, theatre/museum on south/west corner, commercial on ground floor, 2 restaurant, and 7 levels of below grade parking. 335-355 King St W & 119 Blue Jays Way.

Back