Toronto Jack Layton Ferry Terminal and Harbour Square Park | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

I'm aware, but from what I've heard there has been some section 37 money allocated to it.. The city is in the process of scrounging together the funding.

Well, that was quick!

They paved the entire promenade with cobblestones, planted trees, installed lighting and cleaned the grounds in just a little under 2 weeks after months of “construction”.

BF0FAB68-988A-4EE1-ADEC-259EB5A6FD41.jpeg

The last little bit that meets Queens Quay is on pause for the Summer.

8772409D-BD2D-44B8-BD61-A46F82289EFD.jpeg

Attachments

• 8772409D-BD2D-44B8-BD61-A46F82289EFD.jpeg
    8772409D-BD2D-44B8-BD61-A46F82289EFD.jpeg
    214.6 KB · Views: 742
  • BF0FAB68-988A-4EE1-ADEC-259EB5A6FD41.jpeg
    BF0FAB68-988A-4EE1-ADEC-259EB5A6FD41.jpeg
    278.9 KB · Views: 691
Dare I say...they should have skipped the trees altogether. With the hoards of people at this bottleneck, we could as wide a path as possible

So I got curious and did some digging (saw someone post about $1 million in development charges before, but hopefully other than that this is new info). Looks like there's a total of $6 million coming in.

Sugar Wharf development (though not till permit is issued for Block 4, which is the second phase of condos):

vii. prior to the issuance of the first above-grade building permit for the second phase of development (Block 4), a cash contribution to be used by the City towards the following capital improvements, all to the satisfaction of the Chief Planner and Executive Director, City Planning, in consultation with the local Councillor;

A. a cash payment of $1,000,000 towards the Jack Layton Ferry Terminal redevelopment; and

http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2018.TE31.15

One Yonge (though not till permit issued for Phase 2, which is the supertall):

vii. a cash contribution to the City prior to the issuance of the above-grade building permit for the second phase of development (Tower 1 at 95 storeys or 291 metres), identified as Phase 2 in Attachment 9 to the report (May 16, 2016) from the Director, Community Planning, Toronto and East York District with the contribution to be used by the City towards the following capital improvements, all to the satisfaction of the Chief Planner and Executive Director, City Planning in consultation with the local Councillor:

A. a cash payment of $1,000,000 towards the Jack Layton Ferry Terminal redevelopment;​

CIBC Square (though not till permit issued for Phase 2, the land north of the tracks, where the current GO bus station is - strangely I couldn't find the documents for Phase 1, so they may or may not have provided s. 37 money for the ferry terminal):

3. Before introducing the necessary Bills to City Council for enactment, City Council shall require the Owner to enter into one or more agreements with the City pursuant to Section 37 of the Planning Act to the satisfaction of the City Solicitor and the Chief Planner and Executive Director, City Planning. The community benefits are to be provided by and at the Owner's expense and secured through the Zoning By-law Amendment and the required Section 37 Agreement are as follows:​

a. a cash contribution to the City, prior to the issuance of the first above-grade building permit, of $4,000,000 towards the Jack Layton Ferry Terminal;

Given the above I'd expect The HUB to provide around $4 million as well. That would bring the total to $10 million, not including the money already spent on Phase 1a - I've not seen any specific numbers, but surely that's approaching the total cost to build the ferry terminal? If so, it would seem that the rebuilding of the ferry terminal is simply waiting for these developments to kick-off so that the money can come in.

As noted, I couldn't find the documents for CIBC Phase 1 or Lakeside Residences so can't say whether they are expected provided anything more.

Given the above I'd expect The HUB to provide around $4 million as well. That would bring the total to $10 million, not including the money already spent on Phase 1a - I've not seen any specific numbers, but surely that's approaching the total cost to build the ferry terminal? If so, it would seem that the rebuilding of the ferry terminal is simply waiting for these developments to kick-off so that the money can come in.

Doubtful - the current landscaping project is about 2.5M - the rest with the new park and new terminal will probably be more be way more than 10M. 50M, perhaps?

AoD

Back