2.2K     0 
News   Oct 04, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Oct 04, 2024
 4.1K     5 

Toronto International Film Festival

• Thread starter Toronto International Film Festival
  • Start date
Michael Moore was two rows in front of me at the screening of The Prisoner, or How I killed Tony Blair that I was at this afternoon. Mediocre movie. Moore is my only celeb sighting so far.

I'm fortunate in that I'm able to attend gala screenings on someone elses free pass.

Yesterday the g/f and I went to Volver (great movie, especially since it resisted a typical Hollywood ending), saw the star - Penelope Cruz.... yes she was delicious looking and I did get a very nice picture of her. Plus walking around were Paul Haggis [Director of "Crash"], Don Ferguson [Of Royal Canadian Air Farce], and Ivan Reitman [Director/Producer of multiple films]. In the theatre I got to sit three rows ahead of Hillary and Galen Weston.

Tonight the g/f gets to drool over Brad Pitt, but I hear the movie should be good.

Five movies today: Ten Canoes, Penelope, The United States vs. John Lennon, Love & Other Disasters and Rescue Dawn. Sightings: Christina Ricci, Reichen Lekmuhl & Lance Bass (right across the aisle from me - Reichen is incandesently beautiful - Lance gave him a foot rub before the movie started), Yoko Ono, Michael Moore (again), Brittany Murphy, Christian Bale, Jeremy Davies.

So every TIFF screening audience is basically composed one half of celebrities and the other half of regular people staring at them while composing a mental "sightings" list? Or does the celebrity-gawking effect wear off really fast in these situations?

I was sitting right beside Matt Damon in the lobby of the Royal York tonight. Also met Samuel Jackson at the VIP lounge at the new Muzik nightclub.

The whole city is buzzing, its fantastic!

Louroz

Yeah, there does seem to be a buzz in the city. Is it mostly from the film festival or has it been a good summer for tourism? The Yonge and Dundas area was just hoppin' this afternoon... packed with people. It was like Europe or something.

Babel was great, very emotional for the g/f as a few tears were shed. Maybe tonight I'll get a chanceto post my Penelope & Brad pictures.

For now I'm off to go see Borat!!!
I hear his sister is the #4 prostitute in all of Kazakastan! That's quite the accomplishment.

The Film Fest is probably at the perfect time of the year...still technically summer, but starting to get some nice cool fall weather.

Personally, I don't really care for all the celebrity gawking...it's kind of sad in a way.

Yeah, expending all that effort for the elusive perfect celebrity see-thru or upskirt shot. Truly sad

Movies seen today: A Good Year, A Shot In The Dark & Let's Get Lost. Celebrities spotted thereat: Adrian Grenier, Bruce Webber & Douglas Brinkley.

Borat was gut-hurting funny, and had a really powerful message within.

Also saw Lake of Fire (about abortion in the US). The movie was fair and involves a lot of talking heads, but still I witnessed around 35 people leave the industry screening during its run.

"U.S. liberals take aim at Bush at Toronto International Film Festival":

tiff.sympatico.msn.ca/US+...t=&abc=abc

"Sightings: Christina Ricci"

Did you actually see Ricci in full? Or just a portion of her forehead filling the sky?

(I kid - she's a uniquely lovely creature, obviously talented)

I saw all of her - but there's not much to see. She's tiny - seriously, there is a dwarf in her movie, and she's only about 4 inches taller than the dwarf.

Yesterday: Diggers (good) and The Bubble (disappointing cliche-o-matic). No celebrity sightings.

Canuck, how is that movie? It looked interesting, but was much too long to fit into my schedule - query if the extreme length was the reason all those people left.

Back