Toronto INDX Condos | 178.6m | 54s | Lifetime | P + S / IBI

honestly I don't know very many people who live downtown who ever use PATH myself included. I know its very handy in winter, but I feel like the majority of the people who use it are the people who work downtown but live elsewhere.

Personally I'd rather just cross the street at a corner rather than take some stairs up, and escalator down, turn a corner and walk up a ramp to get across the street. Check the weather before you leave home, dress accordingly and get some fresh air.

Actually I'm in the path in the winter a lot (live close to Union Station). It's very handy to get to the Eaton Centre, movie theatre and keeps me warm heading to TIFF or out to dinner. The foot traffic is lighter after 7pm and on weekends, but its still quite used.

honestly I don't know very many people who live downtown who ever use PATH myself included. I know its very handy in winter, but I feel like the majority of the people who use it are the people who work downtown but live elsewhere.

Personally I'd rather just cross the street at a corner rather than take some stairs up, and escalator down, turn a corner and walk up a ramp to get across the street. Check the weather before you leave home, dress accordingly and get some fresh air.

That's good then. It's certainly an extensive and unique system, that Toronto can boast about. I just prefer above ground, more to see. Perhaps I kicked it in a mining accident in a past life.

My one beef with PATH? It's alwasy closed on evenings and weekends. In the winter, it's a great way to get a little exercise without freezing your buns off (it was very useful for that purpose while I recovered from my chemo and surgery). But any building linked into the PATH network is definitely a terrific selling point. I'm sorry if this is way off topic, but, I've been studying our new weather norms. According to the latest research, the globe isn't being affected by "global warming", but by the sun, which runs a 206 year cycle. We're now entering a period of nuclear cooling on the Suns surface. Bearing that in mind, our winters are predicted to be as cold, or, colder, then the last two, for several decades to come. With the increase in extreme weather, and massive expansion of the PATH, I'd definitely consider it a major feature when deciding in which building I'd choose to live. If only we could get the shops to open during evenings and weekends, it would benefit everyone (does anyone know exactly why the shops have such short hours?). Had I a business there, I'd be open 7 days a week, if they'd open those stores when the rest of us are off work, they'd make so much more profit, and would attract more businesses to our subterranean world, which, in turn, would also profit and/or increase any condo sales connected to it. Is it just me, or do you find it very strange that all those stores are only open during bankers hours?

Last edited:
You are definitely not crazy, it should be open for longer periods. Judging from other posters, it appears that the PATH's utility is largely towards day-time office workers and I think that is exactly the case presently.

I can't help but think that the PATH is merely responding to the demands of the area's primary use, the CBD. If the PATH is to transform and evolve into something greater, then it needs a greater diversity of uses at different times of the day to interact with (such as this Condo), or alternatively, to become an attraction in of itself. Preferably both.

(BTW, changes on the sun surface or not, global climate change (warming) affects different regions differently. Canada's polar regions will become gradually warmer but we may still suffer harsher, colder and more extreme winters as a direct result from global warming. Either way, I too would prefer to be inside the PATH during winter. :))

I can't help but think that the PATH is merely responding to the demands of the area's primary use, the CBD.

Chicken and egg isn't it? If they are closed outside bankers hours then locals like me will never use it. And there are more and more people living nearby today than say even 10 years ago.

From Yesterday:

INDX.jpg

INDX Skyline.jpg

Attachments

• INDX.jpg
    INDX.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,865
  • INDX Skyline.jpg
    INDX Skyline.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,911
From yesterday evening:

IMG_7419.jpg