Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

I would if I could :)

The Big difference between Mississauga and BRAMPTON is that Mississauga takes much time and effort planning way ahead. Brampton like this LRT plan just deals and scrambles with whatever gets thrown at them. Hope BRAMPTONians are gonna wake up soon

Since 1993 Brampton has had sections of its Official Plan dealing with special treatment for downtown properties and the Queen St corridor from Main to the BCC......forward planning has not been the issue.

Wouldn't having wires be more in keeping with Downtown Brampton's heritage than going wireless? I don't understand.

I don't the the Heritage society mentioned wires....the business community did (and there may be overlap in membership...I don't know) but not the BHS

I would if I could :)

The Big difference between Mississauga and BRAMPTON is that Mississauga takes much time and effort planning way ahead. Brampton like this LRT plan just deals and scrambles with whatever gets thrown at them. Hope BRAMPTONians are gonna wake up soon
As a bloody Bramptonian, just please, please, shut up. We're allowed to have differing opinions, I don't appreciate us Bramptonians who are bloody for the LRT essentially being called sheep. I am awake. I am active. I am engaged. And I've lived here for 23 and half bloody years.

I don't have the image in front of me (though you can nicely go to the Four Corners branch and peruse basically every official and transportation masterplan in the city), but in 1993, rapid transit on Hurontario/Main was a thing that was planned for. You can't exactly say this city has no planning. It has tons of planning.

I don't the the Heritage society mentioned wires....the business community did (and there may be overlap in membership...I don't know) but not the BHS

Oh, I see. I guess that makes more sense. I wonder how much the streetcar wires along Queen, Spadina, etc. has killed business over the years. The rail tracks could be unsightly too. I think it would probably be best to end the LRT at Shoppers World. Mississauga caved in and the LRT won't serve downtown Port Credit either. So it would probably be unfair for business owners in downtown Brampton to suffer alone.

Oh, I see. I guess that makes more sense. I wonder how much the streetcar wires along Queen, Spadina, etc. has killed business over the years. The rail tracks could be unsightly too. I think it would probably be best to end the LRT at Shoppers World. Mississauga caved in and the LRT won't serve downtown Port Credit either. So it would probably be unfair for business owners in downtown Brampton to suffer alone.

based on her last radio interview stopping the LRT at Steeles would make the Mayor of Mississauga "happy"....so perhaps that was the end game all along?

based on her last radio interview stopping the LRT at Steeles would make the Mayor of Mississauga "happy"....so perhaps that was the end game all along?

I don't think it really matters that much to Hazel. It's not like Mississauga would be paying for LRT north of Steeles either way. Actually, I remember Hazel being upset once at the possibility that Brampton won't support LRT. it would be probably benefit Mississauga if the LRT went further and connected to Brampton's busiest route (Queen Street). It's sort of like how the Sheppard LRT won't connect to Yonge. It does sort of limit the usefulness of the LRT. But if Mississauga/Brampton prefer to pander to NIMBYs, it's their loss.

If you think about it, all this NIMBYism really started with Jane Jacobs. This is her legacy basically.

As a bloody Bramptonian, just please, please, shut up. We're allowed to have differing opinions, I don't appreciate us Bramptonians who are bloody for the LRT essentially being called sheep. I am awake. I am active. I am engaged. And I've lived here for 23 and half bloody years.

I don't have the image in front of me (though you can nicely go to the Four Corners branch and peruse basically every official and transportation masterplan in the city), but in 1993, rapid transit on Hurontario/Main was a thing that was planned for. You can't exactly say this city has no planning. It has tons of planning.

This is just a "bloody" opinion as well. You don't tell people to shut up over conversations like these ! You can shut the hell up if u want

This is just a "bloody" opinion as well.

Everyone can have their own opinion....but there is only one set of facts...and the facts don't support the notion that Brampton does not engage in planning, as you stated.

You don't tell people to shut up over conversations like these

this I can agree with. In a public forum where we exchange opinions/thoughts/knowledge it seems counter productive to tell anyone to "shut up".

Everyone can have their own opinion....but there is only one set of facts...and the facts don't support the notion that Brampton does not engage in planning, as you stated.

this I can agree with. In a public forum where we exchange opinions/thoughts/knowledge it seems counter productive to tell anyone to "shut up".

Let me apologize if it seemed that way, but to make it clear. I did not state that BRAMPTON does not engage in planning. I did state however that the plans are mediocre, and I stick to my OPINiION that the metrolinx plan for LRT works but is not the best plan for BRamptons best asset: the downtown.

We all agree that good transportation going into dt is a good idea. We divide where there are pro for: narrow sidewalks/cars/ lrt dedicated lanes and there's the anti- narrow sidewalks/cars/lrt which we feel this will congest the downtown and will impact the heritage and pedestrian friendliness of the area. One way or the other the impact of this will be felt post development, and until that time unless I am right, I can give any of you pros the previlege to tell me to shut up.

What Downtown Brampton really needs is a new ring road to take the through-automobile traffic around the four corners intersection. Then it can become the pedestrian-oriented place it deserves to be.

A photo of one of my favourite cities, Grenoble. Tram (LRT) & Pedestrian Friendly & Overhead Wires & No Cars all in the historic centre.
public-transport-in-grenoble.jpg

Attachments

• public-transport-in-grenoble.jpg
    public-transport-in-grenoble.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 515

The city is also planning for redevelopment of most of the developable lands along its portion of the Hurontario-Main corridor in conjunction with the LRT - it's not often that you see a suburb embrace mixed use zoning.

I don't really condone saying "shut up" but I get your fustration.

The city is also planning for redevelopment of most of the developable lands along its portion of the Hurontario-Main corridor in conjunction with the LRT - it's not often that you see a suburb embrace mixed use zoning.

I don't really condone saying "shut up" but I get your fustration.

Well I thought this was the whole idea? To turn the suburb into Green Urban community , at least along where the LRT is: isn't that supposed to be a given?

Back