Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

I wish the TTC ones would be painted to match their line colours. So orange for crosstown and I guess Finch could remain grey.

Sauga should use the orange that the Transitway buses uses and Hamilton should be blue
I'd love to see Hamilton's match the TiCat's colouring.

The City of Mississauga is asking the Ford government to pay to run its Hazel McCallion LRT line when it opens. The request is essentially for the same funding Toronto received to operate the Eglinton and Finch West LRTs.

I'd love to see Hamilton's match the TiCat's colouring.

HSR buses and trolley buses did so, in the 1970s and 1980s. A shame they didn’t continue the colour scheme.

IMG_3929.jpeg

This was requested at the Transit Budget Meeting, and I support it. How funding of this line was to take place has been a hot potato since day one with no clear answer from ML

You have the fight between Brampton and Mississauga as who pays what when the Brampton section is a small section in the first place currently.

Jan 10

I took a trip to the Queensway today to see if work for the intersection has started as planned for Jan 8 before heading elsewhere.

The northbound curb between CP and Burnhamthorpe is mostly stake at this time to allow pouring of the curb next week based on the weather. A few sections are still seeing some construction at CP.

When the bus hit King St, it made a detour onto it with traffic backup in both directions. The same thing for Confederation with the trip taking over 10 minutes longer than on Hurontario St trip. No idea why the detour as the Queensway work would not cause this detour. Got off at the Queensway on Hurontario and no construction has started at all for the intersection as planned. Northbound buses were going north on the eastside side street,

As I walked backup Hurontario to Dundas, had to tell riders ay bus stops there was no bus service Between Dundas and the Queensway. I saw work taking place at Paisley intersection for the traffic light system and it was completely closed in all directions. Talking to a police officer, he stated someone took out a pole and doing so it brought down another pole and the traffic lights for the intersection and should be done by 7-8 pm tonight. I hate to think what the area would be like at peak time caused by the closure as it was a nightmare in all directions.

A good section of the southbound lane close to traffic currently between King St and the Queensway is ready to have a curb pour for it as well pave the lane.

No photos

This was requested at the Transit Budget Meeting, and I support it. How funding of this line was to take place has been a hot potato since day one with no clear answer from ML

You have the fight between Brampton and Mississauga as who pays what when the Brampton section is a small section in the first place currently.

What evidence, meeting, link do you have suggesting the City of Mississauga and the City of Brampton are fighting on the opex cost for the LRT?

What evidence, meeting, link do you have suggesting the City of Mississauga and the City of Brampton are fighting on the opex cost for the LRT?
There is no link to it other than comments that have been made overtime at Councils as well elsewhere. It's an old story that Mississauga must pickup 60% of Peel and Brampton cost considering there is extraordinarily minor difference in city size between the 2 cities.

Doesn't HuLRT cross into Brampton, and eventually significantly so?

I don't think it needs to be MiWay Orange. They could have chosen something less dull than grey, that would help the vehicles stand out.

Peel Transhelp paint scheme would represent the region.

Jan 12
I had a looked at the corridor from PC to Topflight with little photo shooting.

The PC station walls for the north end roof are being placed and it is hard to see what else is going on with the station. Nothing new for the Englewood intersection from my last visit.

Various locations are seeing utilities construction.

The northbound curb was being poured from Burnhamthorpe to Elm Dr starting at Burnhamthorpe. I'm not sure if the section south of Elm would be done today as it still had protection on it, but lots of time to do it today.

There is a huge stockpile of gravel and sand at Burnhamthorpe in the centre of the road for work for the southbound area ducting.

No way will tracks be in place to Eglinton by Feb as no one working in the areas with no tracks. Concrete been poured for the north track from Barondale to Matheson with various sections been poured for the southbound track. Track work still not pour at Matheson. Concrete has been poured in various places for track work from Britannia to the 401 off ramp with it all covered up.

No work on Derry station since last year.

Major pour underway for the Topflight intersection and still on schedule to open this month finally. Concrete was being poured to fill the gap between the southbound track and the existing road. I am not sure if the section between the rails for the intersection had been poured or waiting to have the topcoat pour for it. 2 tents were set up with one for the switch for the southbound track where Topflight connects to it. The other tent was on Topflight, east of the switches that has been missing concrete for the last 2 months and no equipment is to go into this area.

Some work has started on the yard OS with hanger wire from the support brackets with a few tension boxes have added to the pole and did not stop to get a closer look at the area.
53460565770_f341090ab3_b.jpg

53460287473_d86928a107_b.jpg

53459231477_25abc0ba32_b.jpg

53459231517_555562fa26_b.jpg

Jan 12
I fail to note as of Jan 18 to Feb 14, no turns are allowed for the Eglinton intersection.

No idea as to why considering the intersection was reopened in December after doing the trackwork. Did something happen with the trackwork or roadwork that it has to be torn up and rebuilt or something else???

2 Brampton Updates:

1) Recent shots of construction for the LRT north end in Brampton just south of Steeles.

1705344354156.png

1705344393601.png

2) This Wednesday Brampton council will be proceeding with the $2.8B, 3.8km, 4 stop tunnel route towards TPAP process and continue their advocacy with province/feds.
There is no indication of timeline if this strategy ends up getting us nowhere to change course. The $933M surface route was left behind at 30% Design in May 2023.

Full document is here:

1705345357047.png

Also attached a list of LRT advocacy efforts since mid 2021 that has yet to see results:

Last edited:
^ For context, as of May 2023 and as noted in the report at the time, the 'tunnel option' was also at 30% design and the tunnel is 2.0 km of the 3.8 km route. Technically they aren't proceeding with it yet. Still requires a vote on the staff recommendations. on Wednesday.

Jan 14
Since my trip to an event in the US was canceled at the last minute before leaving, I decided to checkout several things for the line, The wind was raw that it rules out a few areas.

No pouring of the northbound curb south of Elm St took place Friday and hard to say if it is ready for it now. The weather will have a say when the pouring can take place.

The 407 overpass is almost complete and will require backfilling on the north side as well realignment for the eastbound on ramp to the 407 along with the southbound lanes. There is a barrier wall for the LRT next to the current southbound lanes.

Topflight
Surprised to see crew working on the intersection with the tent area in the guideway being used to splice rails. Other areas were being prepared for the tent to be moved to there for more rail splicing. The weater will have a say now if the intersection will be open by the end of the month.

The concrete pour I saw taking place on was the base coat for the areas still waiting for concrete. Until all the rails are splice, the topcoat cannot be pour including the gap between the road and the southbound track.

Grab a few shots of the OMSF overhead.

More up on my site.

53466584815_fa1f390b44_b.jpg

53465255612_541de95e7b_b.jpg

53465255632_d9d1b9c84f_b.jpg

Topflight
53466584505_6ec293b475_b.jpg

53466162321_f862c5210c_b.jpg

53466480754_0346d9b869_b.jpg

OMSF
53466480034_8de0234706_b.jpg

53465255177_5824691b13_b.jpg

53466162066_941171137c_b.jpg

2 Brampton Updates:

1) Recent shots of construction for the LRT north end in Brampton just south of Steeles.

View attachment 533416
View attachment 533417

2) This Wednesday Brampton council will be proceeding with the $2.8B, 3.8km, 4 stop tunnel route towards TPAP process and continue their advocacy with province/feds.
There is no indication of timeline if this strategy ends up getting us nowhere to change course. The $933M surface route was left behind at 30% Design in May 2023.

Full document is here:

View attachment 533420

Also attached a list of LRT advocacy efforts since mid 2021 that has yet to see results:
Dare I ask what the ridership per $ cost for the tunnel route is...

Back