Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

And if Metrolinx tries to change the name of Dundas or Eglinton stations due to "duplicate" names with the same stations in Toronto, I'll have a fucking meltdown.

So I decided to tweet a suggestion to Brad Ross and Metrolinx:

I sent a really long email to Metrolinx about this, and felt silly about how many times I said 'Eglinton' and 'Yonge' to make my point.

The Dundas BRT seems to be the next project. There is limited information on the current status of the study. Do we know where it currently stands? And how far out it is? I can't find a thread on the forum for it......

The Dundas BRT seems to be the next project. There is limited information on the current status of the study. Do we know where it currently stands? And how far out it is? I can't find a thread on the forum for it......
I believe the transportation study is to get underway in 2016 with an full EA to follow after that. The earliest I see any work taking place will be after 2020.

Any chance that the Dundas BRT will be a LRT? I know ridership might not be there for a LRT but would Mississauga push for LRT for development purposes? I mean Mississauga did send 6 Liberal MPs to Ottawa, so funding wouldn't be impossible to get.

Any chance that the Dundas BRT will be a LRT? I know ridership might not be there for a LRT but would Mississauga push for LRT for development purposes? I mean Mississauga did send 6 Liberal MPs to Ottawa, so funding wouldn't be impossible to get.

Yes, but that presents the problem of not having a continuous service with Oakville and Burlington.

One thing I'd like to see is the extra money from the Main part of the Hurontario-Main LRT go to building a dual LRT/BRT corridor on Dundas east of Hurontario. That way, LRT vehicles can operate from Kipling to Square One, using the Square One Loop, while Hurontario LRT vehicles do the straight shot instead of using the loop. This has the secondary benefit of boosting the frequency on the busiest stretch of Hurontario. The Dundas BRT buses can use the same corridor, just continue further west after Hurontario. Basically, it would look like a VIVA Rapidway, but with LRT tracks in it.

Yes, but that presents the problem of not having a continuous service with Oakville and Burlington.
Its no different stopping a subway/streetcar and use buses beyond it. Just the location where to put the terminal.

As for Duel mode east of Hurontario, Buses will be hard on the concrete and it will have to be replace sooner than later at an extra cost.

You build this duel mode ROW like Queens Quay with no centre poles. Then, how do buses pass LRVs??

If you are using a centre platform, buses will not be able to stop there and how does that effect ridership and quality of service??

There a tread now for Dundas plan line .

Last edited:

I'd say that is unlikely. It has to do with both demand and parallel services. If anyone is going any distance between Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga or Toronto along that corridor they will take the GO train. Dundas Street will more likely be used for shorter trips of a few kilometers. More frequent stops will probably serve the area better even if it mean slower service.

When they do the LRT on hurontario, the design of the intersection at Dundas will be critical. Unless it will ripped up again. Ultimately, Dundas BRT in Mississauga should be all one mode.

We all know the ridership in the west is low but is developed. Granted not high density but it you want to promote public transportation and increase development and ridership you need a reliable and fast service. Having a ROW for buses will do it. Later down the road it can be converted to LRT.

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster, I am not sure if this question has been asked yet, but what will happen to the 103 MiWay once the Hurontario LRT gets up and running? Also, won't the Shopper's World bus terminal need to be revamped to accommodate the LRT?

Edit: I meant 103 MiWay rather than 110, sorry.

Last edited:
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster, I am not sure if this question has been asked yet, but what will happen to the 110 MiWay once the Hurontario LRT gets up and running? Also, won't the Shopper's World bus terminal need to be revamped to accommodate the LRT?
I think you mean the 103 in place of 110. 103 will be cancel.

The LRT will be on Hurontario at Shopper's and will have no impact on the terminal other the removal of 103 and 502 stopping there. 502 will off load at its current spot and loop around to the current northbound stop.

Those who use 103 like I do for faster trips will have to deal with a longer trip by LRT just like it was on the 19 before 202/103 came along.

The current 110 will use some sort mix use stop on Rathburn with the LRT or most likely moved into the terminal since there will be space for it with the removal of various lines. We may see this change in June once the terminal reopens after repairs are done.

Thank you for the response, had a feeling the 103 would get cancelled due to the LRT. I have a feeling this may hurt the 502 though.
It could mean the end of the 502 and time will only tell. Even if the LRT was built DT, 502 was going to take a hit.

That's very unfortunate for the Zum initiative, I've always thought it was (and still think) that it's a great transit strategy. It's crazy, because I thought Brampton transit planners would have seen this coming as plans for an LRT along Main-Hurontario (now simply Hurontario) was in the works for quite some time.

Back