Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Metrolinx BOD to approve it for the 2015 budget by year end

Tender is to be call in 2015/16 with construction starting in 2016

Completion around 2020 depending on the final approve plan.

Work is to start on the yard first and unknown where others will take place. Thinking is going both direction from the yard and opening in phases. Phase 1 between Sq One and Brampton Shoppers World or Downtown depending on what the out come of the downtown plan.

1385730027447.jpg

I'm sorry, drum, I know you're typically really well-informed, but how the heck can you claim to know approval dates and when and how tenders will go out when it is a matter of public record that there isn't any money put aside for this project and Metrolinx has said they need new taxes to make it happen?

Attachments

• 1385730027447.jpg
    1385730027447.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 634
The project is 35% design at this time.

Final EA approval by fall and 6 months late doing so.

Metrolinx BOD to approve it for the 2015 budget by year end

Tender is to be call in 2015/16 with construction starting in 2016

Completion around 2020 depending on the final approve plan.

Work is to start on the yard first and unknown where others will take place. Thinking is going both direction from the yard and opening in phases. Phase 1 between Sq One and Brampton Shoppers World or Downtown depending on what the out come of the downtown plan.

Thanks for the update! This seems to be following the same path as the Yonge extension. By that I mean a vital piece of infrastructure for a region, where the region is proceeding even without a firm funding commitment. Fortunately though for the Hurontario LRT, there is no capacity constraint somewhere else that is preventing construction.

View attachment 22955

I'm sorry, drum, I know you're typically really well-informed, but how the heck can you claim to know approval dates and when and how tenders will go out when it is a matter of public record that there isn't any money put aside for this project and Metrolinx has said they need new taxes to make it happen?

He didn't say its 100% going to happen. Just what the schedule is. Metrolinx is ready to move forward, according to his sources, and the Province already has revenue tools that will be added to the coming budget. If the budget passes, the plan moves forward. Planning projects doesn't stop just because an election may derail things. You plan and hope for the best, which is likely why he has those dates.

He didn't say its 100% going to happen. Just what the schedule is. Metrolinx is ready to move forward, according to his sources, and the Province already has revenue tools that will be added to the coming budget.

I really hate to keep harping on this subject but, well, no they don't. What the Province has is two separate and different recommendations for what revenue tools could be used to fund what are now two quite different versions of plans to build. The Province has not yet (correct me if I am wrong) indicated one way or another which plan to build and which plan to fund (or some combination of the two) they are favouring/going with/implementing.

If I am wrong and a representative of, either, Premier Wynne or Minister Murray has actually indicated what is going to be built (the ML "Big Move" or the Golden subset of same) and which tools (the ML recommendations or the Golden Panel ones) are going to be used I would love to be referred to that.

well both versions include the hurontario lrt, and they have already started promoting the fact that it will be in the budget with "$35 billlion in new infrastructure for the GTA". the differences between the two plans are more about implementation than about different versions of the plan.

That has been the time frame for some time with the EA getting push back overtime.

The EA was to be out in the fall and now March.

We have always known there is no money for this line at this time, but there needs to be some type of time frame to plan things even if it is a moving one.

The project can't get underway until 2016 because of the major trunk line to be built on Hurontario that is supposed to be completed by 2016. One reasons for the development construction freeze in the Eglinton Area.

Metrolinx want shovel ready project now so they can start them once the funding is there for them.

The 2016 date can be found in the various councils meetings records as well on videos going back a number of years. Even the EA team has used this date. Even Metrolinx has used 2015 for budget funding of various projects including this one.

There is a thing for raising money known as the "Bond Market".

There are a pile of things that can throw this time frame out the window starting in March, but one has to have hope things will stay on track.

well both versions include the hurontario lrt, and they have already started promoting the fact that it will be in the budget with "$35 billlion in new infrastructure for the GTA". the differences between the two plans are more about implementation than about different versions of the plan.

The difference in the funding models are quite vast....so when I read words like " Province already has revenue tools that will be added to the coming budget." I have to ask...."do they?"

The only governmental response I have seen to the Panel's recommendations was from the MOT:

http://news.ontario.ca/mto/en/2013/...final-transit-investment-strategy-report.html

We will review the panel's recommendations and will propose our plan in the spring.

There is no money for this project. For
This project to be built it needs the Liberals to pass the budget which the NDP
are indicating they won't support. If there is an election which there looks like there will and if Hudak wins this project is dead, he had promised to kill it.

Will the next PIC show detail design of the project, such as trackage, catenary design, carhouse, etc.?

It supposed to be at the 35% complete design detail stage and is to show everything related what it will look like when it open.

The carhouse will be there. There will cut view how it would looking at varies points.

This is the last chance to change or move things if the public wants it.

I have one big issue with the plan and that is the loop around Sq One Mall. I will push the extension along Port St on the south side.

If the line is to go north of the GO station in Brampton as the next phase, I will push to keep the end of the line on the street, not going into the station as has been proposed to save money and help operation.

Quoting from the pdf above you seem to have been outnumbered:

Love to see the numbers and from what location.

Council has push this idea from day one to not having to deal with a new terminal as well the location of it.

I have presented this idea to a peer transit planner groups in the USA and off shore and they agree to the loop is not the way to go.

As someone who wants to bypass Sq One and save 15 minutes of travel time, not the way to go.

People within the transportation & Works Department as well this team, don't support the loop either.

Back