Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Mississauga South​

As construction activities progress along the entire Hazel McCallion project, the people living and working in Mississauga South will notice some changes within their communities along Hurontario Street.
  • Acoustic fencing installed along the east side of Hurontario Street, just south of Mineola Road
  • Crews are nearing the completion of underground Alectra upgrades at properties south of Mineola to Pinewood
  • Later this summer, crews will return to string cables and connect the adjacent properties to the new underground Alectra service
  • Temporary electrical service disruptions are expected and will be communicated to individual property owners/managers in advance. 
  • Traffic has shifted to the east side of Hurontario to accommodate road widening activities along the west side of Hurontario
  • Road widening is currently progressing from Inglewood Drive in the south to Pinetree Way in the north, involving the removal of asphalt and concrete curbs, followed by excavation, curb preparation, concrete pour, and paving.

To safely accommodate these works, driveways for properties within this stretch will be intermittently and partially impacted for less than a total of four hours as activities progress from south to north over the next two months. Once the roadway has been widened, guideway construction in the area can begin later this year.

Eaglewood Bridge
Temporary traffic signals have been installed at the new Eaglewood Boulevard bridge, creating a new signalized intersection that will replace the current bridge and intersection at Inglewood Drive. Allowing for a better flow of east/west traffic to cross Hurontario Street and pass straight through at Eaglewood Boulevard.

The new Eaglewood bridge and intersection will also allow the tracks, once constructed later this year, to move from the centre of Hurontario Street to the new station at Port Credit along the west side of the road. This creates a safer environment for the future operation of light rail vehicles and for Hurontario traffic. 

Mississauga Cooksville​

Utility and Roadworks:​

The relocation and installation of utilities is continuing in Cooksville. Stormwater catch basins are also currently being installed on the northwest corner of Hurontario Street and Queensway. 

New hydro (Alectra) poles are being installed throughout the area. During the installation, there will be partial short duration impacts to driveways. Telecommunication duct banks are being installed between Harborn Road and The Queensway. 

Road Widening and Track Installation​

• Road widening has started on the west side of Hurontario Street between Harborn Road and Dundas Street.
  • Access will be maintained with the help of a flag person during temporary partial driveway closures.
This will involve lane reductions and left turn restrictions. Detour signs will be installed. We encourage motorists to plan for delays. We recommend entering properties through right turns and turning right when exiting. Please follow the signage in place and do not use private laneways and plaza parking lots as detour routes.

Track installations are being planned at the intersections of:
  • Matthews Gate
  • Elm Drive
  • Central Parkway
  • The Queensway

Mississauga Centre​

Utility and Road Works:​

Track installation is ongoing in central Mississauga along Hurontario Street. A partial intersection closure at Elia Avenue/Kingsbridge Garden Circle and Hurontario Street is scheduled from March 25, 2024 to April 22, 2024. During this construction, east/west traffic and left turns will not be permitted at the intersection. 
Detours routes are available via Kingsbridge Garden Circle, Eglinton Avenue, Sorrento Drive and Elia Avenue. We encourage motorists to plan for delays. 
Preparations are underway for the installation of the LRT stop at Robert Speck Parkway.
In the next three months, track works are expected to start the following intersections along Hurontario Street:
  • Square One Drive
  • Absolute Avenue
  • Burnhamthorpe Road
Residents will be informed via a mailed construction notice, once permits are received from the City of Mississauga. 

Alectra duct banks, catch basins and overhead catenary poles are also being installed in the area

Progress on the Elevated Guideway​

Piers are being installed and decks are going in for the elevated guideway near Hwy 403. This will be followed by electrical and track installations.

Mississauga North​

Guideway Construction:

All intersection work has been completed in Mississauga North. Track construction continues along the centre of Hurontario Street. Work has also started on the LRT station stops in north Mississauga. 
Crews are also working on installing the units that provide power to the Hazel McCallion Line, called traction power substations. Left hand turn restrictions remain in place at Britannia Road as crews work to connect the unit to the power grid.

Utility Works:
Dry and wet utility crews are completing punch list items and correcting deficiencies in the area with minimal impacts.

401 Overpass:
The 401 overpass is being widened to accommodate the LRT guideway. Crews are installing OCS pole bases. Guideway concrete work will follow.

Derry station stop canopy is now installed including the final decal work; residents can expect to see more canopy installations at stops throughout the Hurontario Street later this year.

Brampton South​

• Crews are relocating and improving watermain and telecom utility lines prior to guideway installation
  • Partial driveway closures are coming up for subgrade utility and roadworks
  • Track installations are happening at the project’s maintenance facility
  • Curb installations are happening north of Highway 407
The Hurontario Street bridge over Highway 407 is currently being widened. 

With two additional lanes being built to accommodate the future north and southbound lanes, the bridge expansion will allow for the LRT trains to cross over Highway 407 ETR without delay and for vehicular traffic to remain smooth.

Crews have recently demolished the east side of the bridge and are pouring concrete to form the new barrier wall.

This work has been taking place overnight with temporary lane closures to minimize impacts to commuters.

The Operations, Maintenance and Storage Facility​

The LRT project’s Operations, Maintenance and Storage Facility is bustling with activity, crews are working on the exterior of the building, including landscaping and track installation between the facility and Edwards Boulevard.

The interior of the building is nearing completion, with work ongoing to complete the control room.

1711762055758.png

I have a lot of issues with the above posting with a lot of wrong info as well a lot of missing info that should be there but par for the course since day one. As for widening the Hwy 401 overpass, it was built for the LRT when the new one was built about 10 years or so ago. Not sure what they are talking about for the Hwy 407 demo work as it cannot happen until the backfill the southbound lanes

I noticed Friday that it looks like Watergraden/Armdale intersection is to be closed this week for guideway work and the last intersection north of the 403 to be done. Did not have the time to check it out on Friday to make sure.

OS poles are going up for Matteson and Watline blocks with tension system and nothing different for the OS system from March 22 trip.

If Elm Dr intersection is to be closed April 3 with Routes 3 and 8 on detour, there are no notices up at stops and shelters telling riders of this. This has been a major issue between miWay and Mobilinx from day one that transit riders are getting the shaft by both organizations with Mobilink more to be blame for it.

March 22
Englewood intersection
53621267340_4680af8d9a_b.jpg
53621027413_59c33518f2_b.jpg

Port Credit Station
53621027658_bf75b89e5f_b.jpg

53621027623_37814ffa54_b.jpg

53621027508_41027b5ef1_b.jpg

53620816971_1cb08ba794_b.jpg

April 1
With the weather being nice with poor weather for rest of the week, decided to push some work a side to do some shooting.

Communications has been a real issue not only within Mobilinx, but with everyone. For the last two weeks, signs were up saying Elm Dr intersection was to be close April 3 for Guideway construction, yet no notices were sent to the local residents telling them about it like ML/Mobilinx said they would do. miWay had no notices up of informing transit riders that Route 3 and 8 would be on major detour for a month at the shelter. Since I was out of town last week, I checked miWay website to see if any information regarding the route changes was there and saw none, which meant the intersection was to be a partly closure in place of the plan full closure.

I ended up taking to the crew doing Matthew Gates closure and was informed the Elm work had been cancel with no new date with the crew now moving up to Kingsbridge Closure on Tuesday once Matthrew Intersection was open on Tuesday and a day earlier than plan. Paving equipment was sitting there to mill the lanes and pave the gap area between the road and the guideway. They just poured the centre section between the tracks for the intersection.

Crews were telling me they had been told they would be doing X on A day only to be told on the X day or the day before it that they will be doing Z work and it had been very common so far. Not the first time I have heard this.

No one working on Rober Speck intersection with a lot of concrete still to be pour.

Looks like they are planning to rebuild the island area for the right turn off Burnhamthorpe based on the road markings.

The northbound traffic curb lane on the north side of Fairview still requires waterline work as a line is running to the drain from under the road to it. The rest of paving this area and opening it up to traffic cannot take place.

Ten workers were working on the elevated section north of Rathburn and it was hard to see what they were doing other than forming the base of the guideway.

Most of the forming in place for the south pier for the bridge over the Hwy 403. Crew working on the base of the north pier and it has a huge base compared to the south one

The south ramp retaining wall for the guideway from the elevated section to Rathburn is completed with one section of the north wall still to be poured.

During my taking to various crews, some things surfaced that were interesting. The building of the loop will take a year and will take place after the current work is done. The Brampton Extension is supported to be a separate contract and to go to the market for it. Several workers who live next to the Line will not use the Line unless it is free as it was too costly to go a few stations than to drive to where they were to go to in the first place.

On April 8, a report is going to Gerneral Committee to reduced parking standards north of the QEW from..8 to .5 which is still too high considering requested have been made to go to .3. I have no idea if those requests were approved or not.

So great to see track laying south of the 403 ramping up.
Robert Speck should be open by either the weekend or early next week and that is two intersections, Still got eighteen more to go with thirteen seeing 2-3 months of partly closure.

Kingsbridge is being worked on now with two more intersections to be done north of the 403.

You noticed that the crosswalk does not line up for Matthrew Gates like it should.

A little OT but I was walking along Hurontario near this section a couple of days ago and the new hydro poles are such an eyesore to me. I still don't understand how, with the road being torn up, they couldn't grab the opportunity to bury the cables. This isn't what the future is supposed to look like. :(

A little OT but I was walking along Hurontario near this section a couple of days ago and the new hydro poles are such an eyesore to me. I still don't understand how, with the road being torn up, they couldn't grab the opportunity to bury the cables. This isn't what the future is supposed to look like. :(
I asked that question at the beginning and was told it was the cost not to bury the lines. Been told by the hydro crews today that the wires should have been buried regardless of the cost to do it.

If one looks at the old poles and new ones, they are 15 feet taller to support more lines. The poles became the transmission lines to power the city and surrounding areas.

In that same time, poles have been relocated at the existing height and those poles are now being raised 15 feet with new ones. The cost to do double the work that it is almost the same cost of burying them. At the same time, the weather will impact those wires one way or another compared being underground. Putting the cables underground needs some vision how many duct banks must be installed to meet current and future needs,

What is strange, they were placing duct banks underground at the substation at the CP overpass before the contract was awarded going north from the substation.

What's more disappointing is that it's going to be difficult to justify spending the capital to bury the hydro wires now that all this time, energy and money was spent shifting the poles location and installing new ones. Which means we're going to be stuck with this cluttered mess for the foreseeable future.

Casual lurker here who just read the last 10 pages. Sorry to ask - but when does everyone expect this line to be operational now that a few more construction updates have come through and it’s been a few weeks? September 2024 doesn’t seem likely but maybe Spring 2025?

Casual lurker here who just read the last 10 pages. Sorry to ask - but when does everyone expect this line to be operational now that a few more construction updates have come through and it’s been a few weeks? September 2024 doesn’t seem likely but maybe Spring 2025?
As someone who drives the line often I’d say Q3 or Q4 2025 for phase 1. Whenever the downtown loop begins construction, I’d say 2 years for that element. For the Brampton extension, I have no clue. It really depends if it is being buried or running on the surface.

As someone who drives the line often I’d say Q3 or Q4 2025 for phase 1. Whenever the downtown loop begins construction, I’d say 2 years for that element. For the Brampton extension, I have no clue. It really depends if it is being buried or running on the surface.

I will say Q4 2025 to allow Ford to cut the ribbon before 2026 Election with a possibility that that it could be Q1 2026. The current phase is not scheduled to be done until 2025 compared to open this fall.

The loop will be 2026 depending on when the EA is done as well approving the extra cost for it by Mobilinx.

Brampton extension time limit will be based on what design method is to take place as well who is to do it that it can be anywhere between 2027-2031.

At the rate they been moving for doing intersection work, you may see all the remaining ones done by year end to Q2 2025.

Then you have twelve stations still to be built along with five stations waiting for framing of them. Derry is still not 100% done yet.

I will say Q4 2025 to allow Ford to cut the ribbon before 2026 Election with a possibility that that it could be Q1 2026. The current phase is not scheduled to be done until 2025 compared to open this fall.

The loop will be 2026 depending on when the EA is done as well approving the extra cost for it by Mobilinx.

Brampton extension time limit will be based on what design method is to take place as well who is to do it that it can be anywhere between 2027-2031.

At the rate they been moving for doing intersection work, you may see all the remaining ones done by year end to Q2 2025.

Then you have twelve stations still to be built along with five stations waiting for framing of them. Derry is still not 100% done yet.
Staff within BT have zero confidence of the LRT extension to downtown being completed before 2030, there is simply too much work to be done.

Back