Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Or maybe the loop + down to Cooksville, especially in the event Milton Line is upgraded. I could see a one seat ride to a GO station being useful for overall travel time to MCC.
1686615596422.png

I’d be inclined to suggest a non loop Rathubrun - Confederation - Burnhamthorpe alignment to Erindale GO as a first phase with an EA for stage 2 continuing down Mississauga Rd to UTM and the Dundas BRT rolled into the funding.

I’d be inclined to suggest a non loop Rathubrun - Confederation - Burnhamthorpe alignment to Erindale GO as a first phase with an EA for stage 2 continuing down Mississauga Rd to UTM and the Dundas BRT rolled into the funding.
LRT on Mississauga Rd? That seems excessive for the ridership in that area, especially when they are only planning on BRT for Dundas, which has far more ridership potential.

Think less Mississauga Rd LRT then a link to UTM and the Dundas BRT.

1686669436704.png

A bus ROW on Mississauga Rd from the Transitway down to Dundas makes a lot of sense, at which point adding track is probably also worthwhile if there is an LRT ending at Erindale already. In terms of network concept, the idea here would be to minimize branching on Dundas, make the LRT the primary connection to UTM and the city centre for Dundas passengers while the transitway (such as it is in this area) can focus on regional travel.

Longer term if we ever converted the eastern Transitway to LRT this starts to look like a very good western tail even without something like an Erin Mills or Winston Churchill LRT that certainly could fit into the network very well.

edit: redrew my sketch with a UTM diversion to emphasize what this would really be trying to achieve

PS: It occurs to me that with this layout the best service pattern might actually be to embrace the transfer at the terminal, with Erindale - Brampton and Lakeshore - Erindale services timed for a guaranteed cross platform transfer.

Last edited:

View attachment 484957

A bus ROW on Mississauga Rd from the Transitway down to Dundas makes a lot of sense, at which point adding track is probably also worthwhile if there is an LRT ending at Erindale already. In terms of network concept, the idea here would be to minimize branching on Dundas, make the LRT the primary connection to UTM and the city centre for Dundas passengers while the transitway (sich as it is in this area) can focus on regional travel.

Longer term if we ever converted the eastern Transitway to LRT this starts to look like a very good western tail even without something like an Erin Mills or Winston Churchill LRT that certainly could fit into the network very well.

edit: redrew my sketch with a UTM diversion to emphasize what this would really be trying to achieve

PS: It occurs to me that with this layout the best service pattern might actually be to embrace the transfer at the terminal, with Erindale - Brampton and Lakeshore - Erindale services timed for a guaranteed cross platform transfer.
If it can get down to Mississauga golf and country club o will buy a membership.

Hazel McCallion Line - Virtual Open House

On June 15, 2023, from 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM Metrolinx is hosting a live virtual open house to share updates about the Hazel McCallion Light Rail Transit Line.
Metrolinx project experts will make a brief presentation providing an update on the project, major milestones, bike infrastructure and community engagement.
The presentation will be followed by a question-and-answer session with our project leaders.
To get involved, register to receive a link to the live stream of the open house and submit your questions online ahead of or during the live presentation, for the project leaders in the form below. You may also choose to upvote other participant questions that have been submitted. Top voted questions will be answered during the Q&A session. Any questions that are not answered during the live session will be responded to within 14 business days.
If you have questions about the event or how to participate, please reach out to us at peel@metrolinx.com
We look forward to welcoming you!

e36db44e-8d95-fbcf-405c-7dcd6291576b.jpg

Contact Us

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to Metrolinx Community Relations team at 416-202-7500 or email Peel@metrolinx.com
For more updates and information on this project, and to get the latest news on what’s happening in Peel, subscribe to our newsletter: www.metrolinx.com/hazelmccallionline

As per the registration link, "You may also choose to upvote other participant questions that have been submitted. Top voted questions will be answered during the Q&A session. Any questions that are not answered during the live session will be responded to within 14 business days."

I plan on asking the following questions - I would appreciate any thoughts and additional information that would enrich them.

1. What are the standards that Mobilinx is being held to for construction zones along pedestrian and transit spaces? Are they meeting these standards? I've noticed some hazards and disruptions in my area. Temporary crosswalks have no on-demand audible signal nor countdown timer; temporary crosswalk signals are awkwardly placed; construction debris (e.g. loose paving bricks) on sidewalks and crossings; no route info on temporary bus stops.

2. Have the locations and designs of stops been finalized? All public maps so far are large-scale and low-detail and do not give a good sense for how the stops reshape their immediate area. Are there publicly-available documents that could give us a better idea of how streetscapes will change?

3. If the loop is completed: will all trains go around the loop? Or will there be express services that will skip it?

View attachment 484957

A bus ROW on Mississauga Rd from the Transitway down to Dundas makes a lot of sense, at which point adding track is probably also worthwhile if there is an LRT ending at Erindale already. In terms of network concept, the idea here would be to minimize branching on Dundas, make the LRT the primary connection to UTM and the city centre for Dundas passengers while the transitway (such as it is in this area) can focus on regional travel.

If the city couldn't get express buses down Mississauga Rd over a decade ago, how will that opposition change to support an LRT today let alone an BRT??

If the city couldn't get express buses down Mississauga Rd over a decade ago, how will that opposition change to support an LRT today let alone an BRT??
Are you suggesting that people with three car garages aren’t interested in taking transit? Generalizing a bit much.

Are you suggesting that people with three car garages aren’t interested in taking transit? Generalizing a bit much.
How would you class a street like Mississauga Rd from Burnhamthorpe to Lakeshore where transit has been protested against having it on that street?? This was done by blocking buses that only came x minutes per hour, yet they had no issue with the 100's of cars passing them hourly in both direction. They said buses where dangerous than cars and used strollers to block the buses.

Last edited:
How would you class a street like Mississauga Rd from Burnhamthorpe to Lakeshore where transit has been protested against having it on that street?? This was done by blocking buses that only came x minutes per hour, yet they had no issue with the 100's of cars passing them hourly in both direction. They said buses where dangerous than cars and used strollers to block the buses.
To be honest I think they should just have a security gate at burnamthorpe and Mississauga road and another security gate at queensway and Mississauga road to keep the rift raft and busses out.

Some real dedication to NIMBYs with those strollers. Kudos.

Just dedicate one car to running the loop and nothing but the loop, slotting in between the rest that run on by. Those that need to go to destinations on the loop can transfer, and if the straight-through's run every 10 or 15 minutes, then it's only a 5 or 7.5 minute wait for the transfer onto the circulator.
The top-ranked question on the Q&A so far is on whether all trains will run the loop. I think this is a great idea and should be heard at the open house.

Looking at the Q&A questions, have to laugh at a number of them as they are the standard car folks complaints, people not aware of this project as well what coming down the road at them.. Lack of good PR doesn't help, but you are not going to get to 45% of people in the first place as its not on their radar or even care about it, let alone anything in the city in the first place.

Noise from the LRV that is to come every 5-12 minutes daily is to be worse for the people who live on or near it the than all the traffic including the fire department, EMS, the Police that pass them every minute of the day 7/24.....Give me a break

Been told time after time that the PR folks have visited every business on the route and within 500m of the line, yet this said no along with a few that I know of as well.
"Hello there, my name is Roya and I have a business on 44 Dundas St W , Mississauga ( property owner) and I like to know when you will reach at this area and also what should we prepare for , how this project effect my business. Thank you"

Then here is one who out to lunch
"What is the time line for the start of work on the LRT line between Heritage Road and Winston Churchill Blvd? I operate Meadowlarke Stables on Meadowpine Blvd and Winston Churchill, the route for the LRT seems to run north of the stables. Is this the case?"

The answer is no and the land been sold for 2 towers and no GO parking
"Are you building a parking garage at Port Credit GO station or just returning to surface parking. Either way, how many parking spaces will there be at Port Credit GO after construction is complete?"

Metrolinx should read this that supports a station there in the first place as well a few other locations as he has done a number of visits to the city, put on a few workshops and done a number of reports as well on the city system over the years, <https://humantransit.org/2010/11/san-francisco-a-rational-stop-spacing-plan.html>
""Why won't the LRT stop at Hurontario and Kingsbridge? This is such an important stop considering that it would stop next to medical offices"

Yes the switches will be installed when the guideway is built across Burnhamthorpe this year for the loop and going to be fun for traffic.
"As the downtown loop seems likely, would it not be timely that switches be installed now when B'thorpe/Hurontario is dug up rather than creating an inconvenience in a couple of years' time? It might also save a few dollars. I suspect the engineering work would not be too onerous or time consuming."

As much as I dislike the performative nature of public engagement/consultation, I don't think I would have the patience to suffer the general public either. Unfortunately, the majority of folks' ignorance and inanity dulls public officials for actually listening to the occasional valid and pertinent bits of feedback.

This got pass onto me by a property owner on Hurontario I know and wasn't aware of this. Not saying much for Ford.

"Furthermore, a bill was quietly passed saying its illegal for anyone working for a property owner (Me) to interfere (aka advocate) against a government project (the LRT project). "

Back