Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Wow. I know Canadian Tire built a new major warehouse in Caledon - wasn't that going to replace the Bramalea/Steeles warehouse? (Do you know @Tuscani01?) but still has a big warehouse on Goreway too.

It's disappointing to see a warehouse go in on Hurontario north, but that's not unexpected, given the surrounding land uses. Anyway, while I support the LRT to Downtown Brampton, I don't see a case for it north of there, even though there's some opportunity for intensification around Vodden/Main, and a bit around Bovaird/Main. I would like to see 502 extended to the 410 interchange at Valleywood, though.

Wow. I know Canadian Tire built a new major warehouse in Caledon - wasn't that going to replace the Bramalea/Steeles warehouse? (Do you know @Tuscani01?) but still has a big warehouse on Goreway too.

It's disappointing to see a warehouse go in on Hurontario north, but that's not unexpected, given the surrounding land uses. Anyway, while I support the LRT to Downtown Brampton, I don't see a case for it north of there, even though there's some opportunity for intensification around Vodden/Main, and a bit around Bovaird/Main. I would like to see 502 extended to the 410 interchange at Valleywood, though.

Bolton replaced Bramalea/Steeles. I believe GO has taken part of the Bramalea/Steeles property to build a parking lot. Goreway is staying put. The Hurontario warehouse is SportChek and Marks only. It's just a lease though. Would've been built regardless of who ended up in it as demand for that type of space is quite high in the GTA, with little to no vacancy.

Bolton replaced Bramalea/Steeles. I believe GO has taken part of the Bramalea/Steeles property to build a parking lot. Goreway is staying put. The Hurontario warehouse is SportChek and Marks only. It's just a lease though. Would've been built regardless of who ended up in it as demand for that type of space is quite high in the GTA, with little to no vacancy.

Thanks. The GO temporary parking lot (while the station is being rebuilt) is pretty much where the old Canadian Tire store was, while the warehouse buildings are still up and I see some CT activity - but not as much, of course, since the Bolton warehouse opened.

i work near the QEW and Hurontario and take train from Union to Port Credit. I'd like to take the LRT up Hurontario. But when is it expected to open? South the QEW there is no sign that any transit project is even being considered. I'm 47 now and don't want to wait until I'm 55 to ride the rails.

i work near the QEW and Hurontario and take train from Union to Port Credit. I'd like to take the LRT up Hurontario. But when is it expected to open? South the QEW there is no sign that any transit project is even being considered. I'm 47 now and don't want to wait until I'm 55 to ride the rails.
You may take leisure ride when enjoying retirement...oops too much optimism!

Has the construction contract been awarded yet? Looking at the site in the post above, it states that it was supposed to be awarded in 2018. I also work in port credit on Hurontario and will be directly affected by the construction. It will be an absolute cluster until some of the drivers determine some diversion routes away from Hurontario during the construction.

There definitely has been at least some utility work. I remind everyone of the same thing I keep having to point out about the Crosstown opening date... Once the utility relocation is done we are talking about glorified roadwork. Streetcar lines are regularly rebuilt in a season; as slow as Ion was, three years of heavy construction IS a reasonable timeline for surface LRT in a road right of way.

Are there any renders of the underground station(s)?
That will be up to the builder and will surface after a contract is awarded. The same thing will happen to the new bridge over the 403.

Utility work is happening at various location and need to view the website for all work and locations.

Back