Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

I don't get that argument that Hurontario is not deserving for subway service. You have to build for the future, and I can see in 50 years Hurontario needing subway service.

You have to build for the future, and I can see in 50 years Hurontario needing subway service.
Then build an LRT now, rebuild it in 20 years, and build the subway in 40 years. I'd expect that we'll se an east-west subway hit Hurontario a long time before a Hurontario subway appears.

Then build an LRT now, rebuild it in 20 years, and build the subway in 40 years. I'd expect that we'll se an east-west subway hit Hurontario a long time before a Hurontario subway appears.

Why? So Mississauga can end up like Toronto is now with shitty subway service?

The only problem for a subway, you will only need a few stations as most area will not support a station in the first place.

It will take 100 years to redevelop Hurontario St.

It will be great to get all those buildings that are so far sit back from the street torn down and new ones build along the street edge.

I notices 30 and 50 Elm property lines have been stake out last week and is this a sign that something is going to be built there on the large green space or one of the building torn down? Then they could be up for sale. Both building underground parking structure were rebuilt over the last 2 years.

Between Central Parkway and Elm this area could support at least 3 towers with 6-10 story base for the full block.

LRT will still have to service the area between the subway stations.

2 east-west subway should hit Hurontario within 20-30 years. Could be sooner if TTC didn't put their head into the sand about subway expansion today.

I don't get that argument that Hurontario is not deserving for subway service. You have to build for the future, and I can see in 50 years Hurontario needing subway service.

Building for 10 or so years into the future sounds reasonable, but 50 years? Thats a heckuva long time. It makes no sense to build a subway for 50 years into the future, when LRT can be built faster and cheaper and also have plenty of capacity to handle the needs of the route for the next 10+ years.

??? This post makes no sense. Subway service in Toronto is excellent, frequent, reliable, etc. I can see that one might refer to shitty streetcar service or shitty RT service, given the reliability issues - but what would cause one to refer to shitty subway service?

S-Bahn via MCC + S-Bahn on Lakeshore + S-Bahn to Brampton/Mt. Pleasant + Hurontario LRT + better bus services elsewhere = pretty good transit for Peel Region.

Not to mention the Dundas LRT and the Queen Street corridor in Brampton.

S-Bahn via MCC + S-Bahn on Lakeshore + S-Bahn to Brampton/Mt. Pleasant + Hurontario LRT + better bus services elsewhere = pretty good transit for Peel Region.

Not to mention the Dundas LRT and the Queen Street corridor in Brampton.

Add to that possible Eglinton LRT & the GO 407 Corridor. Not to mention whatever else we use the busway for.

We can find a use for it.

Relief landing strip for Pearson maybe

Fess up: how many crack pipes have you gone through in the past few hours?

Subway service in Toronto is excellent. I have never waited more than five or six minutes for a train, delays are infrequent, and transfers are nearly seamless. If Toronto fits your definition of shitty service, what the hell city do you consider to have good service?

Just as a by-the-way, it looks like Vaughan is getting a rapid transit system (Spadina subway extension) before Mississauga. Even though Mississauga was a city before Vaughan was. Personally, it is my own feelings that I do not think of a BRT as rapid transit, but only as a want-to-be.

Just as a by-the-way, it looks like Vaughan is getting a rapid transit system (Spadina subway extension) before Mississauga. Even though Mississauga was a city before Vaughan was. Personally, it is my own feelings that I do not think of a BRT as rapid transit, but only as a want-to-be.

Becoming a city at a certain point has absolutely nothing to do with transit. Vaughan may be getting one subway extension soon but it should have had a subway stop decades ago - Yonge & Steeles is Vaughan, too...

Back