News   Mar 28, 2024
 617     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 441     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 771     0 

Toronto (GTA) based celebrities and athletes in the news

That tiebreaker broke my bollocks, not gonna lie. Watched the second game in cafe down by the water downtown (Touti Gelati).

Bianca Andreescu caps off banner year with 2019 Lou Marsh Trophy

Tennis star Bianca Andreescu has won the 2019 Lou Marsh Trophy as Canada’s athlete of the year, capping off what was perhaps the most dominant season by a Canadian in the sport’s history.

Tennis star Bianca Andreescu has won the 2019 Lou Marsh Trophy as Canada’s athlete of the year, capping off what was perhaps the most dominant season by a Canadian in the sport’s history.
Injury-prone Bianca Andreescu is getting a good break during Covid19. Hopefully she’s is top form this autumn when the events start again.

Last edited:
Injury-prone Bianca Andreescu is getting a good break during Covid19. Hopefully she’s is top form this autumn when the events start again.

Taking an extended break is good to prevent burn out and re-aggravating previous injuries, especially as a young player.

Shame that injuries derailed Milos Raonic from reaching his full potential.

Taking an extended break is good to prevent burn out and re-aggravating previous injuries, especially as a young player.

Shame that injuries derailed Milos Raonic from reaching his full potential.
I suppose that's the same in many sports, in that it's not the fast rabbit that wins, but the slow plodding tortoise. I'm a big fan of World Superbike races and you can see that the guys who start on the pole position rarely win the race, because they can ride like lightning for the one or two qualifying laps, but in the endurance race where resource management is needed they fail.

I suppose that's the same in many sports, in that it's not the fast rabbit that wins, but the slow plodding tortoise. I'm a big fan of World Superbike races and you can see that the guys who start on the pole position rarely win the race, because they can ride like lightning for the one or two qualifying laps, but in the endurance race where resource management is needed they fail.
It is the same reason why during the 2018-19 NBA season, Raptors medical staff and Nick Nurse had Kawhi Leonard sit out a few games during the regular season and it paid off with the Larry O'Brien trophy being awarded to the Raptors (and during that NBA Finals, Warriors superstars Klay Thompson and Kevin Durant injured themselves).

Last edited:
More about Bianca:

While another athlete from the GTA, Cory Joseph helping out healthcare professionals locally:

Looks like she's still out with injuries.

I think Andreescu either needs a better coach to train her to perform without self injury, or should admit she's got a "glass jaw", and call it quits before she's crippled for life.

Looks like she's still out with injuries.

I think Andreescu either needs a better coach to train her to perform without self injury, or should admit she's got a "glass jaw", and call it quits before she's crippled for life.
She's constantly injured with something or another. She's very lucky to have bagged a masters and a slam during that incredible (and surprisingly injury free) run in the summer of 2019. One can only imagine what else she might have achieved if her momentum wasn't constantly halted. Personally I think she should be fitter than she appears.

Back