Toronto Grange Park | ?m | ?s

Along with these hideous park signs! The city could literally hire any first year OCAD student and get a more attractive and legible design.

That "City within a park" font.... dear god.... what were they thinking?!

OCAD student? I think you're being generous (not to mention slightly insulting of the talents of their students). It's incredible the amount of bad design perpetuated by the city in the name of what?

As to thinking - doubt they're doing that.

AoD

Along with these hideous park signs! The city could literally hire any first year OCAD student and get a more attractive and legible design.

That "City within a park" font.... dear god.... what were they thinking?!

Personally I don't think the font on a sub-caption on a park sign will be the difference between Toronto being an Alpha World City and an Alpha+ World City, but that's just me.

Personally I don't think the font on a sub-caption on a park sign will be the difference between Toronto being an Alpha World City and an Alpha+ World City, but that's just me.

It's definitely not a deal breaker, but with a minimal amount of thought, care, and investment, it would be very easy to have something so much better.

Let's take some pride in our city. We're worth it :D

I hate those signs. They symbolize everything wrong with this city.

Yep - amateurish, third rate designs - just like our street furniture and street signs. It's the path of least resistance.

It's definitely not a deal breaker, but with a minimal amount of thought, care, and investment, it would be very easy to have something so much better.

Let's take some pride in our city. We're worth it :D

And we have said signs to tell us that :D

AoD

I thought Toronto was done with this shit.

IMG_0722.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0722.JPG
    IMG_0722.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 597
From Saturday.

IMG_2487.JPG
IMG_2486.JPG
IMG_2488.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2487.JPG
    IMG_2487.JPG
    452.6 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_2486.JPG
    IMG_2486.JPG
    453.4 KB · Views: 503
  • IMG_2488.JPG
    IMG_2488.JPG
    619 KB · Views: 491
As a former resident of the area (and a frequent visitor to the AGO), I'm happy to see the transformation of the park...and particularly glad that the direct connection with McCaul St. under Alsop's OCAD pencil-box appears to be imminent, at last.

I hate those signs. They symbolize everything wrong with this city.

I liked the simple wood with gold lettering that these replaced. I don't see these signs as an expression of everything wrong with the city like the garbage cans. These were introduced a long time ago. There are just dated now. You can't expect everything to be updated even if nothing good came out of the 1990s.

Back