Toronto George Condos and Towns, Leslieville | 30.17m | 8s | Rockport Group | RAW Design

I noticed early this morning that there's a scale model in the sales office at the corner of Queen and Hastings. But it was too dark inside to get a picture.

Does anyone know when they are going to start demolition or construction on this project, seems like it's getting delayed.

Thing feels dead in the water. You should see how high the weeds have grown in this barren, boarded-up, fenced-off lot. The sign proudly proclaims over 70% sold but nothing's happened in several weeks and it's now a shameful portrait of neglect.

From http://easttorontocommunity.blogspot.ca :
" The City has reviewed the draft by-law and is satisfied with it. (...) As for the demolition, they cannot obtain a demolition permit until such time as they have Site Plan Approval and a building permit for a new building. The only exception would be if a report went to Council to request a demolition, which I have not seen and would be highly unlikely given the history of this project."

From June:
Application:
Partial Permit
Under Review
TORONTO ON M4L 1C6
Ward 32: Beaches-East York
Application#:
16 265356 SHO 00 PP
Accepted Date:
Feb 28, 2017
Project:
Mixed Use/Res w Non Res
Work:
Partial Permit - Shoring
Description:
Part Permit - Proposal to construct a 9 storey condominium connected to 4 storey townhouse block with 2 levels of below grade parking and commercial at grade. 91 residential units in total.
Examination Processes
PP Zoning Review
Apr 20, 2017
Open
Zone - Other
Whitfield, Greg
Contact Info
PP Code Review
Mar 30, 2017
Open
Code - Other
Hussain, Saleha
Contact Info

just in time for the new KFC across the street

Ugh! Yeah, that KFC... gross. Funny how some folks are worried that it's going to negatively impact Chicken Joy, over at the corner of Woodfield and Queen. Me, I'm thinking it's more about the smell emanating from your typical KFC. Why not bring in another Dominos or Pizza Pizza while we're at it?

20171216_120613.jpg

20171216_120711.jpg

Back