Toronto George Brown College: Limberlost Place | 52.5m | 10s | George Brown | Moriyama Teshima Architects

Which of the four finalist design teams' concept do you prefer?

• Moriyama & Teshima Architects + Acton Ostry Architects

• Patkau Architects + MJMA

• Provencher Roy + Turner Fleischer

• Shigeru Ban + Brook McIlroy

Results are only viewable after voting.
Various angles from Wednesday, August 2nd

DSC_0135_PC.jpg

DSC_0139_PC.jpg

DSC_0150_PC.jpg

DSC_0155_PC.jpg

DSC_0240_PC.jpg

DSC_0246_PC.jpg

DSC_0247_PC.jpg

DSC_0249_PC.jpg

DSC_0251_PC.jpg

DSC_0252_PC.jpg

DSC_0256_PC.jpg

DSC_0263_PC.jpg

DSC_0259_PC.jpg

I’m so old I think I vaguely remember when ‘acronyms’ were abbreviations that could be pronounced as actual words… rather than just initialism of a corporate name, phrase or texting shortcut (RBC, TTYL etc.)… while words like RADAR, SCUBA, LASER etc. became acronyms… because they became words in the dictionary. 😴

SSDD, TBF

I’m so old I think I vaguely remember when ‘acronyms’ were abbreviations that could be pronounced as actual words… rather than just initialism of a corporate name, phrase or texting shortcut (RBC, TTYL etc.)… while words like RADAR, SCUBA, LASER etc. became acronyms… because they became words in the dictionary. 😴

SSDD, TBF

For the youngin's/ uninitiated:

RADAR: Radio Detection and Ranging

SCUBA: Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus

LASER: light amplification by the stimulated emission of radiation

Didn't see that this got posted, feel free to remove if I missed it. Toronto Society of Architects has a video of the building from their virtual tour. Shows off the building pretty well.

Didn't see that this got posted, feel free to remove if I missed it. Toronto Society of Architects has a video of the building from their virtual tour. Shows off the building pretty well.

Looks like it got "removed" for other reasons...

Back