Toronto Garrison Point | 118.56m | 35s | Cityzen | Hariri Pontarini

Those towers are quite interesting, easily one of the best proposals in the city. The slanted wall/set backs lessen the impact of their height.

^considering most of the trains coming through are projected to be electrified in the coming decades, it will probably be just fine.

fixed that for you ;)

Beautiful development. Maybe my favourite. I really hope they build the retaining walls and parks along the north side of the lakeshore west line all the way along the Liberty development. That area looks like such a mess right now.

Really liking this development. It might be even too good in that it will make Liberty Village stand out even more like a sore thumb.

Last edited:
Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M6K 1A2

Ward 19: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 13 151194 BLD 01 BA Accepted Date: Nov 28, 2013

Project: Office Interior Alterations

Description: REVISION: Alterations to the interior layout of building and installation of an exterior light fixture. Proposal for interior alterations to the west side of the 1 storey building for a temporary sales presentation centre - see by-law 159-2012 expiry: Feb 7/2015 (770m2)

It's a very well designed development.
Yes, it's located just adjacent to the trainwreck of a community which is the unfortunate suburban island within downtown Toronto but based on some of the marketing material the developers are making a stride in differentiating it and making it a much more pleasant community than the crowded and monotomous neighbourhood that's next to it. I've heard it will be targeting a more diverse clientele with more families and empty nesters with a variety of units (3 bedrooms, larger suites of all types, townhouses, etc.) with a host of well integrated retail and community amenities.

The traffic light at the only eastern exit of Liberty Village is finally operational, but it actually holds up a lot of traffic on Strachan due to the huge amount of car users at Liberty Village. If you're in that area during rush hour you will see what I mean.

Unfortunately as much the developer is trying to distance itself from Liberty Village in many ways, it is still located right next to it. So that is it's main challenge.
The unobstructed eastern city views is amazing at the cost of the block views of LV, but that's no loss. My out of town guests are amazed how congested the buildings are at LV and compares it to huge metropolitan places like Shanghai but with no good reason as Toronto still has a lot of breathing room for thoughtful and well planned developments.

Last edited:
IMG_20131202_145133.jpg

IMG_20131202_145143.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20131202_145133.jpg
    IMG_20131202_145133.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,511
  • IMG_20131202_145143.jpg
    IMG_20131202_145143.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 1,514
The public opening for this is going to be February 22nd. Marketers have launched a win-a-Vespa contest in conjunction with that. We've put the details up in a front page story here.

What's with the balconies in the black section, near the roof? I thought that area was to be curtainwall?

Curtain wall can have balconies. Curtain wall is a term used to describe how the building facade meets the structure of the building. Balconies can still exist within a curtain wall facade.

I went around lunchtime and I was pleasantly surprised.
The sales centre was constructed in a cool warehouse space. There were touch screens everywhere to view floorplans, renderings, amenities, and views, and there was a separate room which you can do a virtual walk through of the development which I tried for a few minutes before I got motion sickness.

The building closest to the proposed park and pool was released first. The units in general were relatively large, with almost all of the southeast corner units being sold and that was a 2 bedroom 900 sf unit with unobstructed views towards the city and many of the northeast corner units, also with great views were sold too. A few of the high priced 3 bedroom townhouses were already spoken for.
The model suite on display was a 2 bedroom and den with 1300 sf. The finishes were tasteful but nothing out of the ordinary.
Besides these large units there were also a good selection of 2 bedroom units under 700 sf, so it looks like there is something for everyone.
The scaled model looks really cool in person and I can't wait to see the other buildings in the development with it.

Back