Toronto Fort York Visitor Centre | ?m | 2s | Fort York Foundation | Patkau

Well, EVERYONE celebrates bicentennials. We're going to prove we're world class by celebrating the 202nd anniversary. How daring! How radical!

I like the sarcasm because no one seems to have noticed that 2012 is also the 175th anniversary of the Upper Canada Rebellion in the wave of War of 1812 commemorations.

Last edited:
Nobody celebrates '175'. Talk to me in 25 years.

... although, if Toronto hopes to have something built in time for it they'd better start planning now. Not to say that it'd be complete by then, however.

... although, if Toronto hopes to have something built in time for it they'd better start planning now. Not to say that it'd be complete by then, however.

Actually, 175 years is often celebrated as a major milestone in many places. It's not quite the same celebration as the 200th anniversary, but it gets acknowledged with some events and media coverage.

that might also coincide with the repairs to the fountain on University Ave.

Buried along with the 1992 plan that had a transit plaza around Princes' Gate with a streetcar underpass and stops serving Ontario Place. Next ....

Today:

IMG_4497_zps931aa809.jpg

IMG_4496_zps2d784020.jpg

IMG_4494_zps23b87245.jpg

that's been done for a few years now, but it sure looks so much better than most of the Gardiner's underbelly :)

Back