Toronto Forma | 308m | 84s | Great Gulf | Gehry Partners

August 21, 2024

Forming work at ground level:
20240821_121220 (Large).jpeg

I am checking out the address 266 King Street West (east tower) on the City's application database, and at the top of the list are three conditional permits starting with 22 221794:
  • FND 00 (foundation, inspection dated October 6, 2023)
  • STS 00 (inside and outside drains, permit issued May 2, 2024)
  • STR 00 (structural framing, not started, accepted date is not given)
How would the situation here compare with Concord Sky? (IIRC, at that site, they received stop-work notices because they did not have the necessary permits, but construction continues at that site today.)

I am checking out the address 266 King Street West (east tower) on the City's application database, and at the top of the list are three conditional permits starting with 22 221794:
  • FND 00 (foundation, inspection dated October 6, 2023)
  • STS 00 (inside and outside drains, permit issued May 2, 2024)
  • STR 00 (structural framing, not started, accepted date is not given)
How would the situation here compare with Concord Sky? (IIRC, at that site, they received stop-work notices because they did not have the necessary permits, but construction continues at that site today.)

@ProjectEnd would be better able to answer I would think.

Certainly, at first blush, they are pushing what their current permit allows, but because that re-bar is in essence, embedded in the ceiling of the final below grade level............I'm not sure that they are boldly over the line.......yet.

I find it weird that Forma and Concord Sky both don't yet have above ground permits but they don't show any signs of slowing down.

Is it possible that the city isn't able to keep up with the permit applications and is requesting developers to proceed at risk?

I can understand Concord skirting the lines, but Forma is Great Gulf and they have a better reputation.

I would actually say that this project is moving at a normal pace it's no center court but at the same time that's because Great golf has more attention to detail And also if above grade permits weren't approved then rushing to get to surface is like running a relay with no second person
Not just Great Golf, but Dream (DRM), Dream Impact (MPCT) and Westdale. Excellent development team. They know what they are doing.

Back